Driving from Ouray to Moab - suggestions?

agr1144

This Saturday my father and I will be trailering my jkur out to Ouray from Maryland. We did this trip in 2013 and now we are going back for round 2. This time for my upcoming 40th birthday and my dad's 75th in Feb.

Now I've been to Ouray then in 2013 and I've been to Moab twice. Although both times in Moab it was in a rental and we flew in. So on this trip, we were considering either a day trip to Moab or maybe making it an overnighter so we could wheel a little more in Moab since we are so close.

My question is on the drive from Ouray to Moab. Looks like we would take a road called the San Juan skyway among a few other scenic bypasses. Any cool interesting places to see/stop at along the way? Suggestions for a particular route? I'm thinking this would be a good scenic tour in its own right given both destinations, especially for an east coaster. Or is this a pretty boring ride? Thoughts? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470024004.839144.jpg

cashin

Check out the gateway to Castledale road. The route from Naturita to Gateway is very scenic,highway 141. The gateway road is a good back way into the Moab area.There's one hill that might be a little steep for towing.Could unhook jeep if need to.

Top Bottom