EVO corners

Ddays

Hooked
I used rustoleum flat black. Held up great so far. Used it on the skins and sliders.
Also, when you do it make sure you get this Astro tool!!

43.jpg

Attachments

• j10.jpg
    j10.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 594

TonyT

Caught the Bug
There's a powder coat color pretty damn close to the Flame Red on mine. It's slightly off, but could be because my Jeep is going on 7 years old. My doors are brighter too since they're sitting in the garage more than half that time.

I thought about a flat black, but I knew I would do armor all the way to the front. When I have the fenders fabricated, the tube might be done in bed liner, but the skin will be red.

As far as scrapes and scratches, the powder coat is tougher than paint. And if I ever get into them real bad I can just re-powdercoat for $40 a corner.

F5697C4E-C98B-4433-A2CA-930FC0A80943_zpso0jvxccd.jpg

014ECD4A-0C41-4E10-9745-89158441A5BE_zpsnwmihfdf.jpg

B359AE26-122C-40C7-A8ED-C210FA91BBC5_zpshpmcwgtv.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
That's pretty cheap for powder coating. I would love to go that route. I powered my broncos super lift suspension years ago from yellow to red. Absolutely pleased with the results. There is a place in town I might stop by and check out. Looks good!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
That's pretty cheap for powder coating. I would love to go that route. I powered my broncos super lift suspension years ago from yellow to red. Absolutely pleased with the results. There is a place in town I might stop by and check out. Looks good!

I agree, that's super cheap. They wanted 100 bucks just to powder coat hardware and bolt heads here!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Man, now I'm thinking silver to match my Jeep and those black bolts. They have to counter sunk ones I believe....right?

benatc1

Hooked
Aren't they? They're cheap as hell too - Less than $5 for a bag of 25 and they're stainless. Thanks benatc1 & Sharkey for that link!

Your Welcome, Such a cleaner look in my opinion, ill be ordering some more when its time to throw some corners on (soon)

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hell they wanted 1800 to powder coat my builders with the tire carrier

:eek: I just came from a place and they quoted me $65 a panel. They will call me when the have a sample for me to look at. Just might do it than if I like the silver or go black.

Big Bad Wolf

Does anyone live in a moist environment? Perhaps you guys are lucky. Where I live I can not use counter sunk bolts like that, I use bolt heads. The reason being in a few years they seize to hell here and strip out easily. I just removed like 18 of them and I had to drill them all out... what a pain. Even being stainless steel. Just a thought.

Btw, those corners look nice! I use 2-4 coats of POR-15 topped with black POR-15 bedliner to paint all my stuff. Tough as nails.

Top Bottom