Back into a JK... Again...

JK4Me

Hey all! Been on this forum and its predecessor (which we will leave nameless) since I got my 07 JKU Sahara in the Jeep Green with tan top.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470064967.417381.jpg

Had my 07 until lease ended 4 years and 135k km later. Ended up going away from Jeep for a couple years before I got pulled back in with a 12 JKU Sahara in black. I ended up trying the 10A rims on that until I got a set of Mickey Thompson MTZ 33/12.5/15's on ProComp Series 98's.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470065147.506597.jpg

However I started to do a lot of driving and needed something with better mileage... So after 2 years I let the baby go... And started missing it immediately.

In the spring of this year we bought a Renegade Trailhawk for longer trips - which has been a blast - but still not the same experience.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470065363.101769.jpg

Still not the same, even with the MySky roof panels. So when we needed a second vehicle after moving out of the city... I found my new baby. Just picked up a 2014 JK Sport in Ampd with the Hard Rock rims and KO2 tires.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470065505.223348.jpg

So... I may not add a lot to the forums through my comments, as I am still learning lots from all of you. But know I read most of the threads and enjoy the discussions greatly.

Great to be back as an owner!!!

Welcome back! Love the jeep fam you have going on there. Check out Eddie's threads on their Renny...you'll get a lot of good ideas for building that up if you plan to go that route.

JK4Me

Yeah, I'm a member over there too. Waiting to see what comes of the available lifts for the Renny. Only 2 options right now, and not much for tire or rim options. Hopefully we get a bit more for that in the near future.

Now I have 2 Jeeps to work on... This could get expensive lol

Yeah, I'm a member over there too. Waiting to see what comes of the available lifts for the Renny. Only 2 options right now, and not much for tire or rim options. Hopefully we get a bit more for that in the near future.

Now I have 2 Jeeps to work on... This could get expensive lol

Just Empty Every Pocket brother...with two jeeps, though, that pocket extends to your savings account lol

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Welcome back! :standing wave:

Its pretty awesome that you now have a BU and a JK. :yup:

JK4Me

It's funny... I know the JK tank is about 60 L and the Renny is 45 L... But I'm getting about 50km (30 miles) more distance with the JK. That with running the slightly larger than stock tires (265/75/17 KO2s) vs the stock Wrangler SRA highway tires on the TH. Gotta love that the JK is so much more efficient than my old '07 or the '01 TJ.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It's funny... I know the JK tank is about 60 L and the Renny is 45 L... But I'm getting about 50km (30 miles) more distance with the JK. That with running the slightly larger than stock tires (265/75/17 KO2s) vs the stock Wrangler SRA highway tires on the TH. Gotta love that the JK is so much more efficient than my old '07 or the '01 TJ.

The 3.6L will get much better mileage than the 3.8, until you go a lot bigger with the tires, and lift it. Then the mileage starts to drop. My 2014 still gets better than my stock 2009, though. 15.5 miles per gallon, from Ouray, CO to Mississippi, running between 60 & 78 miles per hour.

JK4Me

The 3.6L will get much better mileage than the 3.8, until you go a lot bigger with the tires, and lift it. Then the mileage starts to drop. My 2014 still gets better than my stock 2009, though. 15.5 miles per gallon, from Ouray, CO to Mississippi, running between 60 & 78 miles per hour.

Yeah - I hit 22mpg over a tank of 90% highway @ 60mpg last week. Since I will be doing a decent commute with it to work, I'm trying to be careful on the type of upgrades I do... Capable but still a daily driver.

Top Bottom