15x9 Beadlocks with 3" backspacing?!

Lone Star

I came across some trail ready 15x9 beadlocks with optional 3" / 3.5" / 4" backspacing. It surprised me, but first off, if you only planned on running 33"/35" tires with a smaller joy build, is 15" beadlocks ok? Don't ever see anyone with any, but most with beadlocks are running larger tires, mostly. anyone have Any experience with 15" beadlocks, and is 3" backspacing even recommended?

Lone Star

So I know some 15" will work and some wont, is it really just a matter of seeing these fit? Pros or cons to running 3" backspacing? Does tire size matter?

RockyJk

So I know some 15" will work and some wont, is it really just a matter of seeing these fit? Pros or cons to running 3" backspacing? Does tire size matter?

Are the wheels steel? If so 3.5 works with the JK's I use to run em on my old 2 door (non beadlock). The 3" backspace will push the tires out more and will make ball joints and bearings wear out faster

Lone Star

Are the wheels steel? If so 3.5 works with the JK's I use to run em on my old 2 door (non beadlock). The 3" backspace will push the tires out more and will make ball joints and bearings wear out faster

I think they are aluminum, but not sure, have to do some searching tomorow.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Trail Ready has been around for quite a while I believe. Several years ago, 15s were very popular. Now the 17 is the new 15. With the addition of the bigger brakes etc, the 17s are more popular. I also think its due to peoples general like for bigger rims. 10-15 years ago in the aftermarket world 20s were all the rage (mostly on road vehicles) now a lot of vehicles come from the factory with 20s and people want 22s or 24s etc. So I think naturally the want/popularity for the bigger beadlocks took off as well.

Just from reading on here, not all 15s fit and most i believe will not allow you to run a drag link flip kit. So I would do more research into that before purchasing rims. Also the obvious of no longer being able to install a big brake kit goes away. There are also still a lot of tires in a 15 inch rim but they are becoming less common and you basically have to order them. Usually you can find 17s in stock at a lot of places, even in a 33 or a 35 inch tall. Not always though.

Just my two cents and something to think about.

Lone Star

Trail Ready has been around for quite a while I believe. Several years ago, 15s were very popular. Now the 17 is the new 15. With the addition of the bigger brakes etc, the 17s are more popular. I also think its due to peoples general like for bigger rims. 10-15 years ago in the aftermarket world 20s were all the rage (mostly on road vehicles) now a lot of vehicles come from the factory with 20s and people want 22s or 24s etc. So I think naturally the want/popularity for the bigger beadlocks took off as well.

Just from reading on here, not all 15s fit and most i believe will not allow you to run a drag link flip kit. So I would do more research into that before purchasing rims. Also the obvious of no longer being able to install a big brake kit goes away. There are also still a lot of tires in a 15 inch rim but they are becoming less common and you basically have to order them. Usually you can find 17s in stock at a lot of places, even in a 33 or a 35 inch tall. Not always though.

Just my two cents and something to think about.

Thanks for the info, yea i personally like the smaller rims. I sent TrailReady an email to inquire about these specific wheels and if they have any experience with running them on the JK's. If they do, then i guess i just need to figure out if in the long run i'd ever want bigger tires than 35's, and if i didn't go bigger than that would I warrant needing the big brake kit upgrade? Even if the 3.5 backspacing doesn't work, would the 3" backspacing be enough to clear? would .5in make that much difference?

Lone Star

Heard back from Trail Ready. Maybe some of you can help me decipher the emails. Or i'm just not getting it.

"TR Wheel Sales <contact@trailready.com>
9:06 AM (55 minutes ago)

my understanding is that our 15 won't fit on 2010 and newer when the brake
got bigger. The id of our wheel is 14" where the caliper is the closest.

Larry

Sales Support
TR Beadlock Wheels"

I asked if with 3" backspacing if there would be a difference. The response I got was this.

"TR Wheel Sales
9:51 AM (13 minutes ago)

For OD Caliper clearance. At 4” backspace the wheel ID is 13.75”
At 3” backspace the ID is 14”.

Sales Support
TR Beadlock Wheels"

So, for OD caliper clearance..... Since its unclear whats needed for the clearance anyone know whats needed to clear the calipers in actual inches? I assume he is saying that with 3" backspace there is 14"'s of room, but i'm assuming from his emails that's not enough room to clear the brakes?

Top Bottom