Calling all Evo Enforcer lifts

So I just ordered a 4" Enforcer lift with a drag link flip and C gussets. I'm not the most handy guy in the world but I like to think I can get by. Also I have a few friends that are mechanics to help me out with the install. So my question to you guys is was there anything that you came across or any tips on doing certain things when installing the lift? Also I noticed it "recommended" that I weld the rear track bar to the axle... Is this necessary or what is the alternative?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I just ordered a 4" Enforcer lift with a drag link flip and C gussets. I'm not the most handy guy in the world but I like to think I can get by. Also I have a few friends that are mechanics to help me out with the install. So my question to you guys is was there anything that you came across or any tips on doing certain things when installing the lift? Also I noticed it "recommended" that I weld the rear track bar to the axle... Is this necessary or what is the alternative?

Since your welding the gussets you mine as well weld the bracket on as well. It will be strong bolted on but much stronger welded.

As far as the lift install goes, go to the tech section here on the forum and just "follow" one of the other lift kit installs as well as your instructions. It's a super easy install. Hardest part is drilling out the hole for the drag link

JeepJeep75

After installing my 3 inch Enforcer I had this issue pop up. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but this is what I found by just turning the front steering back and fourth on jack stands. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470328521.089073.jpg the tie-rod adjuster clamp was snagging on the drivers side sway bar link bracket during a full left turn. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470328627.753662.jpg once it was snagged, it couldn't be freed because turning the wheels back to the right just made the tie-rod snag on the bracket even harder. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470328787.493225.jpg nothing a grinder and a squirt of paint can't fix.

72blubyu

Put a 90 degree grease fitting on the lower control johnny joint so you can grease it without dropping the control arm.

scull20

After installing my 3 inch Enforcer I had this issue pop up. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but this is what I found by just turning the front steering back and fourth on jack stands. View attachment 215949 the tie-rod adjuster clamp was snagging on the drivers side sway bar link bracket during a full left turn. View attachment 215950 once it was snagged, it couldn't be freed because turning the wheels back to the right just made the tie-rod snag on the bracket even harder. View attachment 215951 nothing a grinder and a squirt of paint can't fix.

Yup! Same here...grinder and a flap disc, problem solved.

scull20

Also, double check you have all of the required tools and parts (do an inventory of the EVO bags that have nuts a bolts). There's nothing worse than getting things buttoned up to find out that you're short a bolt or need to run out to the store to get a tool.

...especially if your only form of transportation is the jeep up on jack stands at the time.

I would like Matt with Rancho to chime in here and confirm, but I believe the correct model numbers are the 331 / 332 combo for the 4" lift.

I'm gonna be going through Longmont tomorrow so I think I will just stop by and grab them from the northridge4x4 store and pick them up.

JAGS

Hooked
I'm gonna be going through Longmont tomorrow so I think I will just stop by and grab them from the northridge4x4 store and pick them up.

Tell them sharkey sent you for an extra 25% off. [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

For what it's worth, you should purchase direct from rancho as they are a forum supporter. Or give Qtec a call. [emoji106]

Tell them sharkey sent you for an extra 25% off. [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

For what it's worth, you should purchase direct from rancho as they are a forum supporter. Or give Qtec a call. [emoji106]

Haha I definitely would've ordered straight from the website but I am running out of time as I am moving back to college this next week so I need to get the jeep done ASAP and the store is convenient cause o will be going through it anyways.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So what do you think, everyone? Is 3" plenty for 35's on a JKUR? My wife thought my 2-door was as tall as she wanted at 3" in front and about 2.5" in the rear (front EVO plush ride 2", rear OME 2" light duty).

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So what do you think, everyone? Is 3" plenty for 35's on a JKUR? My wife thought my 2-door was as tall as she wanted at 3" in front and about 2.5" in the rear (front EVO plush ride 2", rear OME 2" light duty).

Yup 3" and 35's looks good on a 4 door especially with full fenders and bumpers. Then if you get 37's you can cut em

JeepJeep75

It even looks good on stock Rubi wheels and tires! [emoji106][emoji106] ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471890127.642196.jpg i wasn't sure but I really do love the current look. 35's and slabs is where I'm headed too but for now, this will do. [emoji16]

Top Bottom