Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Evo Enforcer lifts

Knows a Thing or Two bruggymonster's Avatar

Calling all Evo Enforcer lifts

So I just ordered a 4" Enforcer lift with a drag link flip and C gussets. I'm not the most handy guy in the world but I like to think I can get by. Also I have a few friends that are mechanics to help me out with the install. So my question to you guys is was there anything that you came across or any tips on doing certain things when installing the lift? Also I noticed it "recommended" that I weld the rear track bar to the axle... Is this necessary or what is the alternative?

Tip: swap the front lower control arms last. Set pinion, and be done

Quote Originally Posted by bruggymonster View Post
    So I just ordered a 4" Enforcer lift with a drag link flip and C gussets. I'm not the most handy guy in the world but I like to think I can get by. Also I have a few friends that are mechanics to help me out with the install. So my question to you guys is was there anything that you came across or any tips on doing certain things when installing the lift? Also I noticed it "recommended" that I weld the rear track bar to the axle... Is this necessary or what is the alternative?
    Since your welding the gussets you mine as well weld the bracket on as well. It will be strong bolted on but much stronger welded.

As far as the lift install goes, go to the tech section here on the forum and just "follow" one of the other lift kit installs as well as your instructions. It's a super easy install. Hardest part is drilling out the hole for the drag link
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I used a "step bit" to drill the knuckle. Went through like butter.

After installing my 3 inch Enforcer I had this issue pop up. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but this is what I found by just turning the front steering back and fourth on jack stands. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470328521.089073.jpgthe tie-rod adjuster clamp was snagging on the drivers side sway bar link bracket during a full left turn. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470328627.753662.jpgonce it was snagged, it couldn't be freed because turning the wheels back to the right just made the tie-rod snag on the bracket even harder. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470328787.493225.jpgnothing a grinder and a squirt of paint can't fix.

Hmm, is that a AEV swaybar link bracket ?
    13 JKU Auto-JKS 3 1/2" lift| Currie Adj control arms | JE Reel FR Drive Shaft | synergy Tie Rod, Drag Link| Currie Antirock | Warn 9.5 cti winch |bumpers ! Poison Spyder /Expedition one |
    EVO Sliders | Dynatrac diff covers | Fuel Anza Wheels, Nitto 35's| ARB locker rear / G2 Core 44 frt axle, 35 spline ARB Locker, RCV axle shafts,| G2 4:56 gears, Chromoly axle shafts | trail Ready limiting straps FR / Rockhard engine/ tranny skid, Rockhard gas tank skid, Ridgid A pillar spots,

Weld both the rear and front brackets.

Put a 90 degree grease fitting on the lower control johnny joint so you can grease it without dropping the control arm.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepJeep75 View Post
    After installing my 3 inch Enforcer I had this issue pop up. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but this is what I found by just turning the front steering back and fourth on jack stands. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470328521.089073.jpgthe tie-rod adjuster clamp was snagging on the drivers side sway bar link bracket during a full left turn. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470328627.753662.jpgonce it was snagged, it couldn't be freed because turning the wheels back to the right just made the tie-rod snag on the bracket even harder. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470328787.493225.jpgnothing a grinder and a squirt of paint can't fix.
    Yup! Same here...grinder and a flap disc, problem solved.
    The build of "Equinso-Ocha", aka White Devil:
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...White-Devil%29

Quote Originally Posted by jkuone View Post
    Hmm, is that a AEV swaybar link bracket ?
    Nope. 100% EVO Enforcer kit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast