General Red Letter Tires

usachadseidel

I'm relatively new to the Jeep world so im not so familiar with good off road tires. I've been looking at reviews for the General Grabbers with the red letters and I think thats what Id like to get in either 33s or 35s. I have a 2012 2DR Wrangler Sport 6 Speed with 3.21 gears. Im going to be running fenderless so im not worried about rubbing. this is also my DD. Does any one have any experience with these tires or have any other advice to give before i jump in?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm relatively new to the Jeep world so im not so familiar with good off road tires. I've been looking at reviews for the General Grabbers with the red letters and I think thats what Id like to get in either 33s or 35s. I have a 2012 2DR Wrangler Sport 6 Speed with 3.21 gears. Im going to be running fenderless so im not worried about rubbing. this is also my DD. Does any one have any experience with these tires or have any other advice to give before i jump in?

I have never personally run them but I hear good and bad about them. I hear they do well in the sand and out here in Souther California a lot of prerunner guys run them. But you don't have tons of sand in Georgia.

On a side note your going to run no fenders? Have you thought about just cutting your stock fenders up?

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-factory-fender-chop

usachadseidel

I have never personally run them but I hear good and bad about them. I hear they do well in the sand and out here in Souther California a lot of prerunner guys run them. But you don't have tons of sand in Georgia.

On a side note your going to run no fenders? Have you thought about just cutting your stock fenders up?

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-factory-fender-chop

Thanks for the Quick reply! :standing wave: and Ive read similar about the ability in sand, I guess the thing that really stood out was the durability. I actually had cut the stock fenders using that exact link a few months back and didnt have and big issues with it other than flapping at highway speeds. I like the fenderless look and the simplicity plus I want to try to use the two metal mounts for the fender as a mount for some KC lights. From everything I've read, I should be able to run 35s with minimal to no lift.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks for the Quick reply! :standing wave: and Ive read similar about the ability in sand, I guess the thing that really stood out was the durability. I actually had cut the stock fenders using that exact link a few months back and didnt have and big issues with it other than flapping at highway speeds. I like the fenderless look and the simplicity plus I want to try to use the two metal mounts for the fender as a mount for some KC lights. From everything I've read, I should be able to run 35s with minimal to no lift.

If you concerned about durability there are a lot of tires out there that will last a long time especially an AT. I have not bought into the Red Labels yet as I think they are a little overpriced for what you get. Just my opinion.

As for the no fenders be careful with running fenderless as the cops probably won't like it that much.

Are you planning to run factory wheels or aftermarket?

usachadseidel

If you concerned about durability there are a lot of tires out there that will last a long time especially an AT. I have not bought into the Red Labels yet as I think they are a little overpriced for what you get. Just my opinion.

As for the no fenders be careful with running fenderless as the cops probably won't like it that much.

Are you planning to run factory wheels or aftermarket?

I plan on getting mudflaps to keep it as legal as possible but the cops in this area arent worried so much about Jeeps and trucks with big tires so much as cars with big rims and small tires..... :cool:

I am looking to get a set of aftermarket wheels along with the tires and from what I've read 17s are the way to go.

I need to do more research on tires though.

Top Bottom