Thread: General Red Letter Tires

Fresh Catch

General Red Letter Tires

I'm relatively new to the Jeep world so im not so familiar with good off road tires. I've been looking at reviews for the General Grabbers with the red letters and I think thats what Id like to get in either 33s or 35s. I have a 2012 2DR Wrangler Sport 6 Speed with 3.21 gears. Im going to be running fenderless so im not worried about rubbing. this is also my DD. Does any one have any experience with these tires or have any other advice to give before i jump in?

Quote Originally Posted by usachadseidel View Post
    I'm relatively new to the Jeep world so im not so familiar with good off road tires. I've been looking at reviews for the General Grabbers with the red letters and I think thats what Id like to get in either 33s or 35s. I have a 2012 2DR Wrangler Sport 6 Speed with 3.21 gears. Im going to be running fenderless so im not worried about rubbing. this is also my DD. Does any one have any experience with these tires or have any other advice to give before i jump in?
    I have never personally run them but I hear good and bad about them. I hear they do well in the sand and out here in Souther California a lot of prerunner guys run them. But you don't have tons of sand in Georgia.

On a side note your going to run no fenders? Have you thought about just cutting your stock fenders up?

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ry-fender-chop
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Fresh Catch

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    I have never personally run them but I hear good and bad about them. I hear they do well in the sand and out here in Souther California a lot of prerunner guys run them. But you don't have tons of sand in Georgia.

On a side note your going to run no fenders? Have you thought about just cutting your stock fenders up?

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ry-fender-chop

Thanks for the Quick reply! and Ive read similar about the ability in sand, I guess the thing that really stood out was the durability. I actually had cut the stock fenders using that exact link a few months back and didnt have and big issues with it other than flapping at highway speeds. I like the fenderless look and the simplicity plus I want to try to use the two metal mounts for the fender as a mount for some KC lights. From everything I've read, I should be able to run 35s with minimal to no lift.

Quote Originally Posted by usachadseidel View Post
    Thanks for the Quick reply! and Ive read similar about the ability in sand, I guess the thing that really stood out was the durability. I actually had cut the stock fenders using that exact link a few months back and didnt have and big issues with it other than flapping at highway speeds. I like the fenderless look and the simplicity plus I want to try to use the two metal mounts for the fender as a mount for some KC lights. From everything I've read, I should be able to run 35s with minimal to no lift.
    If you concerned about durability there are a lot of tires out there that will last a long time especially an AT. I have not bought into the Red Labels yet as I think they are a little overpriced for what you get. Just my opinion.

As for the no fenders be careful with running fenderless as the cops probably won't like it that much.

Are you planning to run factory wheels or aftermarket?
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    If you concerned about durability there are a lot of tires out there that will last a long time especially an AT. I have not bought into the Red Labels yet as I think they are a little overpriced for what you get. Just my opinion.

As for the no fenders be careful with running fenderless as the cops probably won't like it that much.

Are you planning to run factory wheels or aftermarket?

I plan on getting mudflaps to keep it as legal as possible but the cops in this area arent worried so much about Jeeps and trucks with big tires so much as cars with big rims and small tires.....

I am looking to get a set of aftermarket wheels along with the tires and from what I've read 17s are the way to go.

I need to do more research on tires though.