Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Motech Gen V Startup

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by DWiggles View Post
    Do you guys offer anything for manual swaps that want to have an LS and a 6 speed manual gearbox?
    Yes we have 5 and 6 speed manual options.

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by thardy View Post
    I understand. I just know that the LFX can be a slightly higher performance motor than the Pentastar, yet MUCH more economic on the gas tank and tend to be easy to find.

I know it's a very different chassis, but LOVED driving an LFX swapped Miata. It's truly the car Mazda SHOULD have built.
    I think the LFX has proven more reliable than the Pentstar too. In addition you can use the advanced GM transmissions.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTECH View Post
    We are running OE GM wiring for reliability, functionality and economy. Pure engine and transmission calibrations makes this install emissions compliant in most areas.
    Compliant in most areas..... Do you know if that includes Colorado? Does having two PCMs confuse the emissions inspectors?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTECH View Post
    I think the LFX has proven more reliable than the Pentstar too. In addition you can use the advanced GM transmissions.
    That's what I've seen too. It's really hard to beat the performance, efficiency and reliability of the late model GM motors. I'm a huge proponent of LS swapping EVERYTHING!

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJK View Post
    Compliant in most areas..... Do you know if that includes Colorado? Does having two PCMs confuse the emissions inspectors?
    We have LS JK's all over Colorado. If you're specifically talking about the Denver jurisdiction it is tough. We have worked with the Denver Lab on several occasions regarding Hemi's with unset monitors. The number of computers does not matter, what matters is you run all the original hardware and software from the donor vehicle. This means no patched or hacked calibrations. All monitors must run and set and all mode 6 data and enhanced DTC's must be present.

We meet all these standards. I have had talks with the Denver Lab, the Carson City guys and several California referees this year. Bottom line is they all agree as long as the swap is built properly it should be compliant.

Advertiser

Lsa

If anybody is interested in an LSA:

Motech Gen V Startup

Wow, I love how it 'stands up' when you jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MKorn View Post
    Wow, I love how it 'stands up' when you jump on it.
    it probably as to do more so with the ORI struts.

Awesome! *drools* if only...... Maybe I could sell a kidney.... 🤔

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    I got wood
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Build Thread-- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...l-II-The-Deuce

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast