Thread: Motech Gen V Startup

Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Speechless, good god I want I want I want lol
    "all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

Sick! I want

Been Around the Block ProtocolJK's Avatar
    Holy crap, that sounds amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTECH View Post
    Yes we have 5 and 6 speed manual options.
    awesome! What 6 speed option do you use?

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by DWiggles View Post
    awesome! What 6 speed option do you use?
    There is a 4WD version of the Tremec available now, shifts better than the NVG4500.

holy shit!! how's the low end? 6 speed automatic?

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    holy shit!! how's the low end? 6 speed automatic?
    The LSA runs a 6l90 transmission which is good for nearly 1,000 Ft lbs of torque and has a manual mode. I think it has enough torque it will spin 40's on pavement.

Looking into an Ls or hemi swap in my 6speed 3.6l ('15 model). Do u guys have provisions to add an auto with the LS swap and recal the computer so it can work with an auto instead of the manual i currently have? Which auto trans would u utilize for this swap?
    Thanks!
    2015 JKUR -Manual, Evo Bolt on Coilovers/EVO LCA's/ 4.88 gears/ 37 BFG K02's/ ATX Ravines/37" Nitto TG's/ATX Slabs/ Artec Gussets and LCA sliders/ EVO sleeves/ ARB Diff Covers/ Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers/Poison Spyder Tire Carrier/ARB Stubby Front/ Warn 9.5ti/ARB Intensity Lights/Trucklites/Rigid D2 backups/ ARB Twin Compressor/ EVO Protek Skids/ Nemesis Alum Flares/ SPOD/Rockhard4x4 Cage/JCR rear bumper

Hardtop/Trektop Nx/Gobi Roof Rack

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by AU Bronc N JK View Post
    Looking into an Ls or hemi swap in my 6speed 3.6l ('15 model). Do u guys have provisions to add an auto with the LS swap and recal the computer so it can work with an auto instead of the manual i currently have? Which auto trans would u utilize for this swap?
    Thanks!
    Yes about 20% of our builds are manual to automatic swaps. We mostly run the 6l80 transmission because it works perfect in a JK. We will be offering the 8 speed 8l80 in the upcoming Gen V builds but I'm not sure how much advantage there is over the 6l80 since the gear spread is similar.

Our electronics seamlessly integrate the automatic transmission into the manual JK, you will still have proper neutral safety, ESP and reverse light functions. We replace the shifter assembly, brake pedal and add the key interlock cable so everything functions as intended.

You will not have the PRNDL display on the dash because there is hardware and software differences between a manual and auto JK, we can get it functional but it is not needed IMO. My wife has been driving a manual to auto converted JK for 7 years now without a problem so.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOTECH View Post
    Yes about 20% of our builds are manual to automatic swaps. We mostly run the 6l80 transmission because it works perfect in a JK. We will be offering the 8 speed 8l80 in the upcoming Gen V builds but I'm not sure how much advantage there is over the 6l80 since the gear spread is similar.

Our electronics seamlessly integrate the automatic transmission into the manual JK, you will still have proper neutral safety, ESP and reverse light functions. We replace the shifter assembly, brake pedal and add the key interlock cable so everything functions as intended.

You will not have the PRNDL display on the dash because there is hardware and software differences between a manual and auto JK, we can get it functional but it is not needed IMO. My wife has been driving a manual to auto converted JK for 7 years now without a problem so.....
    Awesome! I need to get with you and get some quotes for my jk. I appreciate the quick response!
    2015 JKUR -Manual, Evo Bolt on Coilovers/EVO LCA's/ 4.88 gears/ 37 BFG K02's/ ATX Ravines/37" Nitto TG's/ATX Slabs/ Artec Gussets and LCA sliders/ EVO sleeves/ ARB Diff Covers/ Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers/Poison Spyder Tire Carrier/ARB Stubby Front/ Warn 9.5ti/ARB Intensity Lights/Trucklites/Rigid D2 backups/ ARB Twin Compressor/ EVO Protek Skids/ Nemesis Alum Flares/ SPOD/Rockhard4x4 Cage/JCR rear bumper

Hardtop/Trektop Nx/Gobi Roof Rack

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast