Motech Gen V Startup

MOTECH

With Direct Injection and VVT this 6.2 L86 sounds aggressive:) This JK is running our latest electronics so the Jeep engine harness and all redundancies have been eliminated for a very clean, simple install.

This LS runs completely stand alone for maximum reliability. This means all engine performance functions are controlled by the GM side, including the cooling fan, charging system and all emissions.

We are running OE GM wiring for reliability, functionality and economy. Pure engine and transmission calibrations makes this install emissions compliant in most areas.

MOTECH

Man I love the sound of an LS. Side note: have you guys thought about an LFX swap?

We have an LFX engine running on a stand for testing , I'll try and get a video up. Were testing a Camero engine but some variants are over 400 HP. Our concern is torque available in a heavy chassis.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Yes we do a lot of manual to auto swaps. For 2007-10 JK's you need a new main center console, sled(metal plate under shifter), automatic shifter assembly, automatic brake pedal(no need for a new pin or clip), key interlock cable and shifter cable. On the 11+ JK's it's very similar but there are more console pieces to get.

Our MoTech module handles the manual to auto signals so you will have proper neutral safety, reverse lights and ESP modes. One nice thing about the MT module is it is fully programmable so we can run a 12' shifter in a 07'-11' JK if you want Bumpshift.

One thing I will mention on the manual to auto swap is you will not have the PRNDL display on the cluster. On the early JK's the PRNDL is driven off the C4 connector of the NGC4 PCM, the manual NGC4 does not have this connector and the harness does not support it either. No big deal though the PRNDL on the shifter works fine, My wife has been driving a manual to auto swap for many years now.

Do you guys offer anything for manual swaps that want to have an LS and a 6 speed manual gearbox?

thardy

Banned
We have an LFX engine running on a stand for testing , I'll try and get a video up. Were testing a Camero engine but some variants are over 400 HP. Our concern is torque available in a heavy chassis.

I understand. I just know that the LFX can be a slightly higher performance motor than the Pentastar, yet MUCH more economic on the gas tank and tend to be easy to find.

I know it's a very different chassis, but LOVED driving an LFX swapped Miata. It's truly the car Mazda SHOULD have built.

MOTECH

I understand. I just know that the LFX can be a slightly higher performance motor than the Pentastar, yet MUCH more economic on the gas tank and tend to be easy to find.

I know it's a very different chassis, but LOVED driving an LFX swapped Miata. It's truly the car Mazda SHOULD have built.

I think the LFX has proven more reliable than the Pentstar too. In addition you can use the advanced GM transmissions.

GoldenJK

We are running OE GM wiring for reliability, functionality and economy. Pure engine and transmission calibrations makes this install emissions compliant in most areas.

Compliant in most areas..... Do you know if that includes Colorado? Does having two PCMs confuse the emissions inspectors?

thardy

Banned
I think the LFX has proven more reliable than the Pentstar too. In addition you can use the advanced GM transmissions.

That's what I've seen too. It's really hard to beat the performance, efficiency and reliability of the late model GM motors. I'm a huge proponent of LS swapping EVERYTHING!

MOTECH

Compliant in most areas..... Do you know if that includes Colorado? Does having two PCMs confuse the emissions inspectors?

We have LS JK's all over Colorado. If you're specifically talking about the Denver jurisdiction it is tough. We have worked with the Denver Lab on several occasions regarding Hemi's with unset monitors. The number of computers does not matter, what matters is you run all the original hardware and software from the donor vehicle. This means no patched or hacked calibrations. All monitors must run and set and all mode 6 data and enhanced DTC's must be present.

We meet all these standards. I have had talks with the Denver Lab, the Carson City guys and several California referees this year. Bottom line is they all agree as long as the swap is built properly it should be compliant.

Top Bottom