The building of Anvil II -- The Deuce

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I feel a bit like I did, when my 15 year old Jack Russell died, but my wife wanted a 4 door, after our Colorado trip. I had to let Alice go. The good news is, she loves Jeeping road trips, and loved Ouray and the surrounding trails. Since this is my second, Anvil colored Jeep Wrangler, I named him Anvil II, and will call him, "The Deuce."

Clay

A few photos of Alice, my 2 door...

NQUR1991.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470366264.087962.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470366037.107680.jpg
IMG_6284.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469714655.048058.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467936745.415869.jpg

IMG_6748.jpg

https://youtu.be/YgU-bAV1J4o

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/25303-Clay-s-Little-Build

And here is, The Deuce...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470447819.062486.jpg

Last edited:

notnalc68

First things, first.

First things, first. This crap has got to go.

IMG_6719.jpg
IMG_6720.jpg

Why someone would waste their hard earned money on stuff like that, is beyond me.

This winch and bumper will be going, too, as soon as I get the coin for a new front bumper. IMHO, the Quadratec winch is shit, and a total waste of money, but someone will buy it, I'm sure. The front bumper is fugly, and the metal is thin, already warped, and rusting. I don't know what brand it is, but another waste of money.

IMG_6726.jpg

JeepJeep75

Looking forward to see what you do with your Anvil, Deuce. How come you didn't harvest the Warn off the two door?

notnalc68

Looking forward to see what you do with your Anvil, Deuce. How come you didn't harvest the Warn off the two door?

It was a time thing. I planned on it, but I got one of those, I can do that trade and this price, if you come today, calls, so I put up the lawnmower, and drove to 270 miles to Arkansas, to get the Jeep I wanted.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sad the two door went but congrats on the new 4 door!

Also I loled at the winch and bumper comments! I ran that bumper for about 4 years. Not the best looking one but it did the job. Also yea I agree the qtech winch is crap but in the end it's better than nothing

notnalc68

Sad the two door went but congrats on the new 4 door!

Also I loled at the winch and bumper comments! I ran that bumper for about 4 years. Not the best looking one but it did the job. Also yea I agree the qtech winch is crap but in the end it's better than nothing

One thing, is it looks like it's mounted crooked, and stuff like that bugs the crap out of me.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
First things, first. This crap has got to go.

View attachment 216328
View attachment 216329

Why someone would waste their hard earned money on stuff like that, is beyond me.

This winch and bumper will be going, too, as soon as I get the coin for a new front bumper. IMHO, the Quadratec winch is shit, and a total waste of money, but someone will buy it, I'm sure. The front bumper is fugly, and the metal is thin, already warped, and rusting. I don't know what brand it is, but another waste of money.

View attachment 216330

Looks like rugged ridge.

Top Bottom