Shifter has no affect 07 JKU Auto

Web Architect

The shifter moves freely, but has no effect on the the tranny. It's in Park, evidenced both physically and as indicated on the instrument panel. Found plenty of "Choptick" threads across the web for TJs, but am coming up empty handed still...

This is my daily driver, so I'm stuck. Thanks in advance.

Nick Zambo

Sounds like you need to check the linkage between the shifter and the trans.
I believe you need to remove the centre council, could be as simple as a loose clamp holding the shift cable.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
It's a fairly common failure. Likely the shift linkage disconnected/broke where it attaches to the shifter, underneath your console. They fixed it on the trail on a yellow JKU in one of Eddie's older Wayalife Moab videos.

Web Architect

Update

So I got underneath and found eye at the end of shift cable that attaches to tranny linkage. It was loose. Popped it back on and it's good. However, it appears ready to pop right back off. Is there nothing that retains it?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
So I got underneath and found eye at the end of shift cable that attaches to tranny linkage. It was loose. Popped it back on and it's good. However, it appears ready to pop right back off. Is there nothing that retains it?

Not sure what retains it on there. Zip ties fix just about anything though.

Web Architect

Per the guy in the video above, I check the cable busing and sure enough is was cracked, dry, done. I don't think the replacement part is optimal, but with a jeep sitting in the driveway not moving, it seemed like a quick fix.

Top Bottom