Thread: Corral Hollow Trail

Corral Hollow Trail

If anyone's looking for a fun easy to moderate trail to explore the Corral Hollow trail is a 13.7mile 4hr adventure fun one. It's pretty dusty this time of year but the views are beautiful. We started the trail 1/4mile west of bear valley on the right of hwy 4. Which takes you up the more moderate climb with some narrow turns and mild rocks to navigate.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470591486.159740.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470591509.601256.jpg
    Along the way there is large mule ear patches that in the late spring are blooming
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470591582.996880.jpg
    At the top is a nice view of Bear Valley with some nice camp spots along the way
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470591657.393657.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470591687.908360.jpg
    As you start coming down you will come across a barb wire gate you have to move and put back to get through, this keeps the cows in place. You'll hear the cow bells throughout the woods and spot a few around the small creek crossing. There is also a historic Native American cabin which the U.S. Forestry maintain that you can look around and sign the guest book inside. It's also available to stay on a first come basis.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470591958.430063.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470591975.777377.jpg
    This trail is great for newbys like myself just wanting to get out and explore. We went on Saturday and only seen 5 other rigs and two quads along the trail. Besides the dust it was a perfect day. You can fuel up a Bear Valley.

Oops just realized this post should be in Destinations & Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by DRTYRAT30 View Post
    Oops just realized this post should be in Destinations & Beyond.
    I moved it for you. Looks like it was a fun and easy trip, thanks for sharing!
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    I moved it for you. Looks like it was a fun and easy trip, thanks for sharing!
    Cool, Thank you. Yeah it was a great peaceful day.

Wow that looks like a fun chill day on the trail I'll have to check it out.