How do you store your JK doors??

BLCK4X4

What do you guys suggest as far as storing the full JK doors when I take them off so they don't get destroyed. I built a cheap rack out of PVC pipe but I've seen people hang them on their walls. Does anyone do that and what should I use to build the mount.

Let me know what you guys have to say![emoji109]🏼

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470807455.537537.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470807472.186455.jpg

BRaVell

I made a wooden dolly with a center mast on some carriage wheels. Worked great when I had a garage. But now that live in an apartment Carpenter bees have eaten them to hell on the porch outside.

Ddays

Hooked
LOL..I put a moving blanket on the garage floor stand them up on it and bungee them so they don't fall over. And then go spend money I saved on other dumb shit I don't need...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I started to make wooden cart but never finished it lol! Ended up continuing to do what Ddays and just put them on a carpet and lean them against the wall in the garage

Ddays

Hooked
I started to make wooden cart but never finished it lol! Ended up continuing to do what Ddays and just put them on a carpet and lean them against the wall in the garage

LOL - I did the same thing but then said screw it - the floors free! One thing that is handy as hell is using one of these panel carriers at Home Depot that costs like $6 or so. I saw this on a couple other threads and finally bought one last weekend.
Makes it easier than hell to carry around and put the doors wherever you want.

79e7635b-781c-48e1-8fd8-29baf5aa5c69_400.jpg

I do have to say that if I had kids running around the garage getting bikes in & out & shit like that, I'd probably make one of those cart too!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I followed some directions I found online. Basically added a middle "c" shaped support tower to the middle of some wooden floor furniture dollies that I found at Home Depot. I'll take pics when I get home.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I want to build something or do something so I can hang them on the wall. Currently the only place I can put them is on the floor but it's right where I park so they have to go back on the jeep before I can pull into the garage. I'd like to do something to where I could leave them off and still pull in the garage.

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
LOL - I did the same thing but then said screw it - the floors free! One thing that is handy as hell is using one of these panel carriers at Home Depot that costs like $6 or so. I saw this on a couple other threads and finally bought one last weekend.
Makes it easier than hell to carry around and put the doors wherever you want.

View attachment 216777

I do have to say that if I had kids running around the garage getting bikes in & out & shit like that, I'd probably make one of those cart too!

That's a good ideal......

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
I want to build something or do something so I can hang them on the wall. Currently the only place I can put them is on the floor but it's right where I park so they have to go back on the jeep before I can pull into the garage. I'd like to do something to where I could leave them off and still pull in the garage.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-4-53-in-Gray-Steel-Multipurpose-Hook/3721826

I just use those hooks wrapped in foam and throw a towel between the doors and can usually fit front and back door on one hook (couldnt find a link for the double hook i use but you get the point lol) the front doors are a little heavy to lift 8' up on the wall but its out of the way..

rinkishjk

I just put mine on the floor. I wanted to use wall hooks but I have window vents and they would get bent. Eventually I want to have the doors sit in wall mounted hinges like on the jeep.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-4-53-in-Gray-Steel-Multipurpose-Hook/3721826

I just use those hooks wrapped in foam and throw a towel between the doors and can usually fit front and back door on one hook (couldnt find a link for the double hook i use but you get the point lol) the front doors are a little heavy to lift 8' up on the wall but its out of the way..

This is pretty much what I do. I have four of these in my garage to carry both front doors. Rear doors I just lay up against each other on some moving blankets on my garage floor. Eventually I'll free up wall space to hang them as well.

cartertripp

I've seen people install eye bolts on a stud in their garages to act as the hinge on the jeep. The doors hinge just fits into the eye bolt and can swing freely if you need.

Top Bottom