PROJKURs build of Falkor

PROJKUR

I have needed to start this for a while now so here we go.

I bought a 2015 bright white JKUR. It is the first new vehicle I ever purchased! Purchased in March of 2015. This was intended to be a stock JK for a very long time as I had many issues with my last jeep. I had to sell it due to too many problems that I was not capable of fixing and would cost more than the XJ was worth. Here is the replacement next to the replaced.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470937134.771735.jpg

Took it wheeling at a local place near Houston. Quite the disappointment in terrain coming from northern CA. I quickly realized I needed more. More clearance, more tire, more trails.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470937554.123716.jpg

Aside from some small mods like homemade paracord grab handles, first big mod was front bumper and winch. Poison spyder bumper and superwinch winch with synthetic line.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470937772.589231.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470937808.630552.jpg

Kept it this way for awhile as I decided the end goal (yeah right like it will ever be done). Here are a few from hidden falls.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470937933.764857.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470938027.519570.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470938062.888700.jpg

I debated which way I wanted to go with the build. Finally settled on 37s as I could not talk myself out of it. I knew from the get go that I wanted to keep it low. Trying to figure out the best plan of attack to spend money where it needed to be spent and not have to buy things twice. (Like buying a superwinch instead of saving a little more and getting a Warn, I guess I'll run it till it breaks). Decided on the enforcer 3". Found out what I needed to get to successfully install this lift and run 37s. I will be running stock wheels for the time being until I decide on wheels later on.

First things first, wheel spacers as they will be needed when I run 37's.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470938567.403242.jpg

Here it is post spacer install. Better stance for sure. Once I got those I researched the hell out of what tools and equipment I needed for all my own install. Started buying tools to get the job done. Not long after the spacers, I had the mod bug bad. Wes at Trail Jeeps hooked it up:

EVO enforcer 3"
King 2.5's
DL flip.
Shock relocation mounts
Front DS
Crawler conceptz rear bumper
Crawler conceptz body mount tire carrier

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470938809.435932.jpg

Bumper and carrier off to powder coat to match the front. Rear end all cleaned up and ready to go.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470938857.089999.jpg

Not many pictures of the install as I had my hands pretty full. It was my first time I talking a lift on my own. Thankfully WAL has the most awesome members and the Houston community is strong. Phone support from Charlie on Saturday, and in person help from Tom and Kyle on Sunday. I could not have done it without them!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470939086.088418.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470939121.731112.jpg

On her own weight. Boy those tires look small! This past week I worked some issues out with the DL flip and rear kings as far as fit and placement goes (helps if you follow the instructions). When I first set it down after I had everything buttoned up, it was leaning real bad to the passenger side. Thankfully to all my research on here, loosened the front end up and re-torqued on the ground. Helped a ton!! I am sure it will settle out a bit as it gets cycled. This is how it stands today. Hasn't been driven since the lift and won't until the following happens:

Install brake lines and bleed.
Install front DS.
Adjust front end as much as needed to test drive safely.
Rear axle breather tube extension.

C gussets and welding on the track bar brackets will come shortly. Unfortunately I cannot weld and will have to take this to have done. (goal at some point, learn to weld)

Thanks for checking it out! Many more upgrades to come. (37s in a couple weeks) Cheers[emoji482]

Last edited:

Jackal01

woohoo!! Pictures. I was waiting for these. Looking good so far! I wanna ride in that thing...compare my King 2.0s to your 2.5s. :yup::beer:

PROJKUR

Nice! Great choice in parts and really starting to look awesome. Hopefully I'm around for your next install party!

I am trying to finish up tonight if you want to come grab a beer, lend a hand, and have another beer [emoji482]

Trying to get driveshaft and brakes done tonight. I think Kyle is swinging by and another buddy to get this thing back on the road

I am trying to finish up tonight if you want to come grab a beer, lend a hand, and have another beer [emoji482]

Trying to get driveshaft and brakes done tonight. I think Kyle is swinging by and another buddy to get this thing back on the road

Ah man, restaurant week reservation with the wifey tonight. Maybe this weekend if you're tying up any loose ends. Or if anyone wants to grab a beer just for he helluvit?

PROJKUR

Ah man, restaurant week reservation with the wifey tonight. Maybe this weekend if you're tying up any loose ends. Or if anyone wants to grab a beer just for he helluvit?

Sure thing! I would be surprised if I am all done by the weekend (but my fingers are crossed). I'll let ya know for sure.

Kyle7R

Subscribed! Glad you finally started a thread. Let's get this thing back together and on the road!

PROJKUR

woohoo!! Pictures. I was waiting for these. Looking good so far! I wanna ride in that thing...compare my King 2.0s to your 2.5s. :yup::beer:

Don't know how I missed this!

Yes for sure. I need to get it all dialed in for a fair comparison!! Thanks again for all the phone support!

PROJKUR

Looks great! Don't forget to move your evap skid over a bit to clear your rear DS while flexing.

Thanks! Great point, added to the list.

This brings up a great point, PLEASE if anyone sees I am doing anything wrong, has any pointers, any "wish I would have known that before I made the mistake" suggestions. Please bring it up! I am here to learn and have fun! I want this thing to be as capable and safe as I can make it!!

PROJKUR

DS in and brake lines installed and bled. Thanks Kyle for the assistance!

Tomorrow I will move the evap skid and swap front sway links. I dropped the front end and almost parallel sway bar and links. I will also tighten everything up (pinch bolts on control arms and drag link adjuster once I get it centered).

Test drive after that!!

scull20

Thanks! Great point, added to the list.

This brings up a great point, PLEASE if anyone sees I am doing anything wrong, has any pointers, any "wish I would have known that before I made the mistake" suggestions. Please bring it up! I am here to learn and have fun! I want this thing to be as capable and safe as I can make it!!

Gladly!

Also, some have chosen to reroute their rear brake lines out of the way of the outside of the frame rail to keep the rear away bar link bolt from snagging it while flexing.

While this isn't 100% required, it may be something to keep in mind for the future.

I chose to do this after the fact and cussed pretty much the whole time I did it. I was already covered in brake fluid, and it was dark out. So take it from me...just take your time with it and keep a drip pan and rags on hand.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=25901

If anything else comes to mind I will let you know!

Last edited:
Top Bottom