Scared me "stupid" after bracket install......

White_JKU

Funny story,
Yesterday a jeep buddy and I tackled a front trackbar install......so today I take it down the road and I am hearing this "clunk clunk clunk" as im going down the road.

So I drive back home VERY slowly and cautiously. Get under the jeep.....re-check all the torque settings etc. Spent about an hour....then I take it back out again and keep hearing the same thing......now my paranoia is getting to me at this point as I already know i will need to get new driveshafts before I go wheeling with this new 4" lift....but I figured I will be fine with just highway driving until then. So I'm thinking that my rear shafts has died and I'm hearing it failing....... so I park the Jeep and go to the rear and lift the rear storage lid to get my can koozie.....when I do , I simultaneously place my left hand on the rear seat. The rear seat moved and I hear a "clunk" sound....this grabbed my attention. Upon further inspection I find that the rear of my back seat is not hooked onto the mounts. THIS IS WHAT I HEARD THAT FREAKED ME OUT FOR 2 HOURS.

Thank god.......

I had a friend who once took her Mercury Mountaineer to the shop for clanging and clunking noises. They found canned food in her trunk rolling around which she forgot to take to the donation bin earlier that week. It definitely happens lol.

JK07

When I was 16 I once did donuts in the snow with my parents car. On the ride home there was a womp womp womp noise that shook the car. I confessed as soon as I got home assuming I hit a curb or something. Turns out it was just a clump of snow that was stuck to one tire. Yeah, good times. At least your situation was over after two hours. Ha ha

Littlewolf

Try driving down the interstate hearing something slapping the side of a semi , finally get pulled over to see what was , to find my keys still hanging the door .

shin0bi1

Funny story,
Yesterday a jeep buddy and I tackled a front trackbar install......so today I take it down the road and I am hearing this "clunk clunk clunk" as im going down the road.

So I drive back home VERY slowly and cautiously. Get under the jeep.....re-check all the torque settings etc. Spent about an hour....then I take it back out again and keep hearing the same thing......now my paranoia is getting to me at this point as I already know i will need to get new driveshafts before I go wheeling with this new 4" lift....but I figured I will be fine with just highway driving until then. So I'm thinking that my rear shafts has died and I'm hearing it failing....... so I park the Jeep and go to the rear and lift the rear storage lid to get my can koozie.....when I do , I simultaneously place my left hand on the rear seat. The rear seat moved and I hear a "clunk" sound....this grabbed my attention. Upon further inspection I find that the rear of my back seat is not hooked onto the mounts. THIS IS WHAT I HEARD THAT FREAKED ME OUT FOR 2 HOURS.

Thank god.......

Awesome glad you figured it out! Reminds me of a story when I went to the junk yard and replaced my bench seat of my '64 impala with another one and i didn't have replacement bolts for the rear brackets. I temp slid blocks of wood in its place. I guess I forgot about that and heard some clunking and thought my exhaust was loose off the hangers. Anyways I accidentally fished tailed it on a left hand turn when it was raining really bad, and the wooden blocks slipped off and I backwards flipped into the rear seat in mid turn. Thank god i maintained control of the steering, was able to climb back to the front seat and pedal controls. Nearly had a heart attack!

lol

-Shin0bi1

Top Bottom