Houston area Sam Houston National Forest day trip

Jackal01

We have been talking about a few of us going up to the National Forest this weekend. I figured I would start a thread so we didn't further muck up the HF unofficial thread.

Date: Sunday August 14th.

These are just fire/forest service roads. No requirements needed. Tom is familiar with the park and I am familiar with the area in general but he will probably be better at providing info.

10am I would like to meet at the Ranger Station on on 1375, East of Lake Conroe. Spend a few hours driving around. I am up for either bringing lunch although it would be like sandwiches in the jeep since it will be 1000 degrees. Or we could push through lunch and eat in the area? Doesn't matter to us really. It was gonna be just the wife and I then others joined in (which we are good with) so we didn't have any real flight plan. So just a laid back day to run around the park. We have plans that evening so we will probably leave 4 or 5. RSVP if you wanna go, please.

1. Jackal plus wife and dog.
2. Tdougherty...anyone else?
3. PROJKUR
4. Kyle7R

Last edited:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
This sounds like a great time. I would tag along, but its still way to hot to be out there. Hope yall have a good time!

Kyle7R

I think the wife, dogs and I are in.

:thumb:

This sounds like a great time. I would tag along, but its still way to hot to be out there. Hope yall have a good time!

That rig of yours has A/C, doesn't it ;)

The high Sunday looks like it's only 81.

I'm game to ride out there, no preference on lunch. Even if it is just grabbing a subway before heading out and tossing it in the cooler

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
:thumb:

That rig of yours has A/C, doesn't it ;)

The high Sunday looks like it's only 81.

I'm game to ride out there, no preference on lunch. Even if it is just grabbing a subway before heading out and tossing it in the cooler
Why yes, yes she does have ac lol
But i figured you guys would be doing some trail walking n stuff like that that requires being out in the oven lol
Is it really only a high of 81 over there for that day?
It won't be THAT bad.

(I tried to embed the video but can't figure it out)

Lmao great choice of video.

It does sound fun but the heat just really makes me quadruple guess it.

If i dont get back to late from out of town on sat. Ill consider going just to at least hang out with you guys for a while.
I might leave around 3 or so since i have my nephews birthday at 6:30 and dont want to go smelling like a bum :bleh:

Jackal01

I don't plan on doing much walking. Now if we were going to Angelina I would walk to get to that mill and the other stuff Mike mentioned.

But I understand regardless of the heat.

Kyle7R

Why yes, yes she does have ac lol
But i figured you guys would be doing some trail walking n stuff like that that requires being out in the oven lol
Is it really only a high of 81 over there for that day?

Lmao great choice of video.

It does sound fun but the heat just really makes me quadruple guess it.

If i dont get back to late from out of town on sat. Ill consider going just to at least hang out with you guys for a while.
I might leave around 3 or so since i have my nephews birthday at 6:30 and dont want to go smelling like a bum :bleh:

There's chances of rain all weekend, so it's going to be cloudy :thumb:

I think somebody else has to jet around that time too.

PROJKUR

I am out for tomorrow. Aside from being in torrential rain right now... Had a last minute appointment come up. Don't think I can make it back to Houston by 2

Jackal01

For those going, see you at 10am at three Ranger Station.

I am out for tomorrow. Aside from being in torrential rain right now... Had a last minute appointment come up. Don't think I can make it back to Houston by 2

LIES!!

Sucks you can't make it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom