Mesa Arizona 8/20-21

JKRicky

Hey guys, I'll be in the Mesa Arizona area on Saturday 8/20 and Sunday 8/21 visiting some friends and would like to get out on a trail and explore for a bit while I'm there. If anyone wants to do some wheeling and/or point me in the right direction of some trails, that would be awesome. Thanks!

SunDevilJk

Hey guys, I'll be in the Mesa Arizona area on Saturday 8/20 and Sunday 8/21 visiting some friends and would like to get out on a trail and explore for a bit while I'm there. If anyone wants to do some wheeling and/or point me in the right direction of some trails, that would be awesome. Thanks!
What sort of trail are you looking for?

SunDevilJk

Closest stuff to you in Mesa are probably sycamore creak or butcher jones. Both of which is a lot of desert washes with some hill climbs here and there. Both are off of highway 87 north towards payson. Get off at the b line highway sycamore creak is to the left, butcher jones is down the b line highway east about 3-4 miles and will be on your left.
For more scenic, broken arrow up in Sedona has probably some of the best scenery in the state. It is short and pretty easy tho.

Hope this helps a little

AZMikeD

Don't know how much time you have but a couple friends and I are headed up to the Stoneman Lake area to do some wheeling on Saturday. You're welcome to join us.

This will be my first time in that area but from what I was told the trails are mostly easy if the weather is good. Supposed to be some nice scenery and a few cool things to see. Should be cooler too! Hit me up on IM for the details if you're interested.

If you want to do your own thing definitely check out Sedona if you have time. Beautiful country and fun trails. Take Schnebly Hill Road into town and make sure to stop at the Vista. Then check out Broken Arrow and Solider's Pass. Be sure to take the two side trails on SP to see Devils Kitchen and the 7 Pools. If you want a little hike, check out Dry Creek trail and hike to Devils Bridge. There's also a cabin you can wheel to on that trail called Van Daren Cabin.

If we don't see you, Have fun!

Last edited:

Randy Tadevich

i will likely be doing a run in the Payson area, called Pyeatts draw, on Saturday morning 8-20. Not sure if u have heard of it. Its in the pines and has everything from a dirt trail to an extreme climb at the end. Nice trail to test yourself and your rig or leisurely cruise. Your welcomed to come along if you like.

Top Bottom