Ball joint ?

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I have a 2012 jkur with 37 with 15000 mile on my stock ball joint. I know my days are numbered but I just wanted to get some input on what some of you would do. Should I run them until there is an issue or replace them now? I have had the lift and tire sense there were 200 miles on my jeep and no issues yet.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you have the money to upgrade then upgrade. No point in waiting until failure as you never know where that will be and it could cost you more in the long run.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I replaced mine at 1500 miles when I sleeved and gusseted the D44's. The stock ones were already shot. I did pop for the Dynatrac ball joints. They are expensive but well worth it.

dahreno

Banned
Don't wait to long , with bigger tires they will take a dump even quicker . You know shit happens when you least expect it !

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I replaced mine at 1500 miles when I sleeved and gusseted the D44's. The stock ones were already shot. I did pop for the Dynatrac ball joints. They are expensive but well worth it.

Agreed, the Dynatrac Pro Steer ball joints are expensive but, well worth every penny. They will most likely be the last set of ball joints you ever need to get again.

jkjurny

I'm getting 35's on mine and hope to be picking my JKUR up tomorrow. How can I expect the stock ball joints to last? Plan on getting your standard 12,000 street miles. Maybe hit the Rubicon twice, Mojave, and maybe another 40 miles of dirt roads.

Just wondering if I can last until Spring 2014.

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting 35's on mine and hope to be picking my JKUR up tomorrow. How can I expect the stock ball joints to last? Plan on getting your standard 12,000 street miles. Maybe hit the Rubicon twice, Mojave, and maybe another 40 miles of dirt roads.

Just wondering if I can last until Spring 2014.

Thanks!

It depends. The ones on my old 09 went bad within 4,000 miles. But, the ones that came on our big white 07 lasted until I needed to replace my front axle with ProRock 60 and that was maybe 40,000. I'm still running factory ball joints in my new 12 and it now has 22,000 miles on it.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Agreed, the Dynatrac Pro Steer ball joints are expensive but, well worth every penny. They will most likely be the last set of ball joints you ever need to get again.

Yep. Best insurance paid for so far. 18k miles on it with 37s. Still no sign of wear.

nkijkuit

Lost my first set of balljoints after 15k miles. Second (oem) set lasted more than 60k miles before I traded in the car

Top Bottom