Stuck. No code, dtc, tranny seems stuck in 3rd?

LarryG

Stuck. No code. another Update AEV came thru

Towing 2016 Rubicon. Was in neutral and park. Upon reaching destination-1.5 hour trip- check engine light is illuminated. Reverse, and hi/low 4x4 seems fine. In drive, appears to be stuck in 3rd. Can not manually shift. Will jump back and forth into neutral and 3rd. Any ideas, here?

Last edited:

Viilor

A while back that happened to my jeep, it went into "limp mode", I ended up having to replace my ignition coils, spark plugs and ECU. I have zero clue what caused them all to go.

LarryG

A while back that happened to my jeep, it went into "limp mode", I ended up having to replace my ignition coils, spark plugs and ECU. I have zero clue what caused them all to go.

I am currently stranded at Estes Park. Getting a tow to Longmont in the AM. Hope the dealer can get me in, and they know what they're doing!

DNTTRD

I had this problem back in February with my 2012, except mine would not shift past 2nd gear or manual shift at all. Mine would not throw a code on the cluster but hooked up an OBDII scanner and it was throwing P0730. Took to the dealer and they told me it was the shifter itself and not covered under the powertrain warranty $500 parts and labor. They install and still doing the same thing so they tear into the transmission (covered under powertrain) for complete rebuild, Jeep only had 48k miles at this point mostly highway driving with the occasional wheeling on easy stuff. Well that did not fix it so they replaced the TCM under warranty, still no go. They call and start asking about if jeep was re-geared and if it had a programmer and they were about to call Fiat/Chrysler for what to do next, I told them to look at the notes in the computer and tell me what the notes say the day I dropped it off, "Jeep has a programmer for the re-gear and tire size correction".

Just be sure that if they replace anything electronic, be sure to tell to reprogram with your programmer, I could have had my jeep back 2 months earlier had they just reprogrammed with my Flashpaq after they replaced the shifter. I am not complaining the least little bit, I only came out of pocket for the initial shifter issue. The tech and service manager did not think that the programmer had anything to do with the electronic shifter or the TCM, only the PCM.

Good luck with the outcome.

LarryG

Another update-AEV support

Turned out the AEV so how screwed the TPM or ECM or whatever. Wiped the VIN out of the module, and had everything electronic jacked up. The reset everything and all is well. Was NOT covered under warranty due to use of the ProCal. AEV better come thru.

AEV was awesome! They were not aware of any other issue like this. When hearing the situation, they over nighted a new module. They also said they would reimburse the dealer repair cost. Great service!

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Turned out the AEV so how screwed the TPM or ECM or whatever. Wiped the VIN out of the module, and had everything electronic jacked up. The reset everything and all is well. Was NOT covered under warranty due to use of the ProCal. AEV better come thru.

damn...that sucks but at least it wasn't full transmission failure.

Drdiesel1

Using devices plugged into the DLC has become popular, but it's also become a problem
with inter-module communications and has caused major issues with some vehicles.

They interfere with the can-bus and can cause havoc with multiple systems :doh:

caminton

Pretty sure you can't use any tuning devices on the 15 and up without first buying an unlocked ECM

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Pretty sure you can't use any tuning devices on the 15 and up without first buying an unlocked ECM

Pretty sure you are wrong since I am running the AEV Procal on my 2016 Rubicon with Automatic. No problems and easy to program. Not sure where you got your information but from my personal experience it works flawless.

caminton

Pretty sure you are wrong since I am running the AEV Procal on my 2016 Rubicon with Automatic. No problems and easy to program. Not sure where you got your information but from my personal experience it works flawless.

Maybe it's just the Superchips/Bullydog stuff.

LarryG

Just wanted to give a shout out for great service. Thanks AEV. We were able to make the Big Horn event.

Top Bottom