Cutting rear wheel well body

Finn Sizzle

Hey folks, I'm wondering what owners who have replaced their factory fender flares have done trimming out the rear fender area (see pics). I was looking to cut it out but wondering what was being used to fill/cover/clean up post cut. Suggestions welcome, TIA. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471371798.547607.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471371813.621378.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
I used fill and seal expanding foam, water tight. not too much though, I only used enough to fill the gap, sanded and painted when I cut the rear front portion of the seam.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have the same issue with the rear most corner of the rear pinch seam, also posted in the linked thread a few posts up

Attachments

• 1471385229167.jpg
    1471385229167.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 1471385242243.jpg
    1471385242243.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 1471385254323.jpg
    1471385254323.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 132

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I just cut mine, hammered the steel together, put a thin line of paintable silicon along seem to seal it off then rattle canned the whole inner fender area.

A.J.

This is my plan. Sourcing mopar touch up paint in a rattle can, Then it's off to the races.

A few people have done the fender wells black. Looks really good in my opinion. I cannot recall all the names, but it really seems to make the fender wells kind of disappear. Hopefully some can post up picks. Just an option for you.

Finn Sizzle

I used fill and seal expanding foam, water tight. not too much though, I only used enough to fill the gap, sanded and painted when I cut the rear front portion of the seam.

That is what I was planning on doing, on the rear of the wheel well

Cutting it so it matches the fender line
Fill it with some auto foam, trim off the excess as needed
Roll on some bed liner or similar over the top to finish it off

I was hoping to see some examples of how some others had one it (pictures if possible). Do you have any pics of your finished work?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
A few people have done the fender wells black. Looks really good in my opinion. I cannot recall all the names, but it really seems to make the fender wells kind of disappear. Hopefully some can post up picks. Just an option for you.
I like how the red looks under the fender. I'll go black if I HAVE too, but I like the look

Do you have a lift on your rig? I would think you are really gonna bend those body panels up just riding on paved road.

Those pics are of my jeep flexed in the rear

Attachments

• 1471400888812.jpg
    1471400888812.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Top Bottom