Scott and Bryan's Excellent Adventure

GraniteCrystal

I normally put pics of my Jeep adventures in my build thread, but decided this one deserves its own. My best buddy from back home turned 30 last year. We've been friends for 20 of those and I decided to do something special for him. So, for the past 9 months, his wife and I have been plotting and planning a surprise vacation for him, which begins today. He has no idea about anything that's about to transpire. This afternoon, his wife is going to tell him to pack his bags for a multi-day camping trip. This alone will get him super excited. She also got him some new gear (shoes, sunglasses, etc). Tonight after dinner, she's going to tell him to load his gear in the car, the adventure begins now. He'll be a little confused at this point, since you don't typically leave to go camping at 7pm. She'll then drive him to the airport, give him his ticket, and push him on the plane to Denver. At this point his head should be spinning with no idea what's going on. Once he lands, I'll be there to pick him up in the Jeep, doors and top off, ready for adventure. We head out on the open trail tomorrow morning. Here is the list of trails we'll be running:

Shrine Pass
Lime Creek
No Name Gulch
Wurts Ditch
Slide Lake
Hagerman Pass
Halfmoon Creek
Cottonwood Pass
Taylor Pass
Annie Basin
Aspen Mountain

We'll be sleeping in hammocks tethered to the Jeep under the stars, fishing in award winning streams and lakes, doing about 100 miles of trails, and exploring the backcountry for 4 straight days. I'll try to post up a few pics along the way as cell service provides, with most of the pics and a video coming afterward. This is going to be the surprise of his life.

Scout, looking mean and ready for the weekend:
IMG_20160817_191212.jpg

EDIT: here are some videos my buddy put together afterwards
Day 1
https://youtu.be/HfrIexvwTAk

Day 2
https://youtu.be/PZKVpEh37Io

Day 3
https://youtu.be/45GIdX1T-Z8

Day 4
https://youtu.be/TV6YkPV3I9A

Last edited:

swampdog

I normally put pics of my Jeep adventures in my build thread, but decided this one deserves its own. My best buddy from back home turned 30 last year. We've been friends for 20 of those and I decided to do something special for him. So, for the past 9 months, his wife and I have been plotting and planning a surprise vacation for him, which begins today. He has no idea about anything that's about to transpire. This afternoon, his wife is going to tell him to pack his bags for a multi-day camping trip. This alone will get him super excited. She also got him some new gear (shoes, sunglasses, etc). Tonight after dinner, she's going to tell him to load his gear in the car, the adventure begins now. He'll be a little confused at this point, since you don't typically leave to go camping at 7pm. She'll then drive him to the airport, give him his ticket, and push him on the plane to Denver. At this point his head should be spinning with no idea what's going on. Once he lands, I'll be there to pick him up in the Jeep, doors and top off, ready for adventure. We head out on the open trail tomorrow morning. Here is the list of trails we'll be running:

Shrine Pass
Lime Creek
No Name Gulch
Wurts Ditch
Slide Lake
Hagerman Pass
Halfmoon Creek
Cottonwood Pass
Taylor Pass
Annie Basin
Aspen Mountain

We'll be sleeping in hammocks tethered to the Jeep under the stars, fishing in award winning streams and lakes, doing about 100 miles of trails, and exploring the backcountry for 4 straight days. I'll try to post up a few pics along the way as cell service provides, with most of the pics and a video coming afterward. This is going to be the surprise of his life.

Scout, looking mean and ready for the weekend:
View attachment 217966

This is so cool dude. I love the idea and was getting excited just reading it. Sounds like the dude is going to be stoked and completely caught off guard. Looking forward to pictures!

Jeep Bro 08

Hope u & his wife aint been sneaking around on him.... jk. Thats a awesome thing ur doing for ur buddy .i use ur idea one day my best bud would love that .

rinkishjk

This is AWESOME! You are one good friend. I'm sure he will be super excited after landing and seeing the jeep! Looking forward to more pics!

benatc1

Hooked
This is an awesome idea, im sure you guys are going to have a blast! looking forward to seeing the pics!

Awesome idea. Your a good friend. Want a new one. lol. Can't wait to see some pics.. Make sure to get one wright when you tell him what the plan is. :thumb:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I bet that this trip will be awesome! I cannot wait to see all of the pics. :yup:

Top Bottom