Thanks Discount Tire

Jimmypaget

Well yesterday, I was checking my front and rear brake pads to see if it was time for a change when I came upon "the lug nut." Said lug nut was put on and torqued by a local Discount Tire store near me and improperly done. It wasn't breaking loose at all, when finally it just brokme off the stud. Now I am lucky I happen to have a spare lug nut but still...The bad nut was only on the stud about 2-3 threads before it became cross threaded and stuck! Some techs they've got over there! :eek::asshat:

WJCO

Meme King
Wow that sucks. So the nut was only started 2-3 threads and then was seized? I would definitely bring it up to the manager over there.

Jimmypaget

Wow that sucks. So the nut was only started 2-3 threads and then was seized? I would definitely bring it up to the manager over there.

Yeah! It was barely started on the stud! Only a few threads and then got crossed and stuck, then they torqued it! turned out to be a little more eventful than planned but yeah. For sure bringing it to their attention!

dillard09

Bummer to hear that! That sucks! Discount tire is on WAL. I'm sure they will chime in. They have always been good to me and numerous people on here. I would bet they will do what they can.

Jimmypaget

Bummer to hear that! That sucks! Discount tire is on WAL. I'm sure they will chime in. They have always been good to me and numerous people on here. I would bet they will do what they can.

Yeah They've always done good by me until this happened. They've got my loyalty for business for years. I'm sure they'll get it taken care of.

USMC Wrangler

I've only had one troublesome incident with Discount and it was last weekend. Happily the manager of this particular store fixed the issue before it was a big problem.

The other 99.9% of my interactions have always been great...since 1991.

Jimmypaget

I've only had one troublesome incident with Discount and it was last weekend. Happily the manager of this particular store fixed the issue before it was a big problem.

The other 99.9% of my interactions have always been great...since 1991.

Yeah. They are good peeps. They hooked me up with a replacement lug nut and gave me a referral to a shop to have my stud replaced. Not sure if it's on my dime or theirs yet though 🤔 guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Jimmypaget

Update

Cool well, they gave me a referral to another local shop and they are going to foot the bill! I knew they were nice guys over there at Discount!

Discount Tire

We apologize for your recent experience with us, Jimmypaget; I'm glad to hear the manager stepped up to rectify the situation. We're human too and sometimes make mistakes, but what separates us from other companies is our willingness to make things right.

We appreciate your continued support and look forward to serving you in the future!

Last edited:

Jimmypaget

We apologies for your recent experience with us, Jimmypaget; I'm glad to hear the manager stepped up to rectify the situation. We're human too and sometimes make mistakes, but what separates us from other companies is our willingness to make thing right.

We appreciate your continued support and look forward to serving you in the future!

What also sets you apart from other is the fact that you are members of this forum, stepped up and recognized the error, and apologized. You guys are still my number one go to for wheels and tires! Discount Tire FOR THE WIN!! Thanks again!

LarryG

Good folks, BUT.....they won't touch a "beadlock" for spin balance or anything for that matter.:grayno:

Last edited:

Jackal01

Good folks, BUT.....they won't touch a headlock for spin balance or anything for that matter.:grayno:

I assume you meant beadlock and if so, my local store balanced my Chamber Pro 2s. No questions asked. They balanced them perfectly, of course. It may depend on the manager/store.

jeeeep

Hooked
Good folks, BUT.....they won't touch a "beadlock" for spin balance or anything for that matter.:grayno:

my local DT balanced my beadlocks no questions asked, they do the rotate and balance every 6000 miles too.

I've had them step up in other locations and out of state when needed. In my book, DT rocks! :thumb:

Onefin

We have always had good to great service at discount tire shops in both California and Colorado.
Never once left there feeling like I didn't get the service I expected.

jkbarnett

I'm full time on the road with my JK in tow. I've stopped at Discount Tire in several different states and always been treated well.

Jimmypaget

Yes. Fact of the matter is that Discount Tire has always treated me very well and respectful. I have a very high probability of only using them for my wheel and tire needs from now on.

Top Bottom