Tuffy Security Deck?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Anyone know why tuffy stopped making the security deck? I have been looking at them for a long time and was getting ready to purchase, only now I can't find it for a 2015 jeep. Seems the only one they still manufacture is the flat top "deluxe" security deck, but I'm pretty sure I prefer the "tray". What's everyone's thoughts on this? Are they working on a better replacement currently? Anyone have any insight?

Kyle7R

Anyone know why tuffy stopped making the security deck? I have been looking at them for a long time and was getting ready to purchase, only now I can't find it for a 2015 jeep. Seems the only one they still manufacture is the flat top "deluxe" security deck, but I'm pretty sure I prefer the "tray". What's everyone's thoughts on this? Are they working on a better replacement currently? Anyone have any insight?

I got you fam.

https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#q=tuffy%20security%20deck%20tray

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Kyle7R

Looks like they have one that is for the 11-16's that isn't a tray, but it does have 4 tie down hooks on the corners

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Looks like they have one that is for the 11-16's that isn't a tray, but it does have 4 tie down hooks on the corners

I have that one, it serves it's purpose.

I wouldn't stack anything heavy on it. I didn't think the fact that it doesn't lift up wouldn't be that bad but I'm not really liking it. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great product. It just doesn't fit my needs and I knew that goin in but was tryin to get by. So I'm probably going to purchase the other one that lifts up.

Just something to think about for anybody lookin.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
The one that lifts up works well. I was standing on it the other day and it only flexed slightly, and I am around 200 lb.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
To clear up the confusion, this is the Security deck that I feel would fits my needs better, but is no longer available:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14036_0003_07.htm

Not the flat deck "deluxe" version:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14036_0005_07.htm

I think the lips on the edges of the Deck would be MUCH more useful for securing cargo than a flat deck :idontknow: I'm not sure why Tuffy would discontinue the product in favor of what appears to be a less functional deck :thinking: :naw:

Exodus 4x4

To clear up the confusion, this is the Security deck that I feel would fits my needs better, but is no longer available:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14036_0003_07.htm

Not the flat deck "deluxe" version:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14036_0005_07.htm

I think the lips on the edges of the Deck would be MUCH more useful for securing cargo than a flat deck :idontknow: I'm not sure why Tuffy would discontinue the product in favor of what appears to be a less functional deck :thinking: :naw:

I have the one you want. Got it from Jackal01 earlier this year. I'm exploring some options that may require removing that deck and if I do, I'll let you know.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ah I never even noticed they got rid of the lip. That makes no sense to me especially since you need to buy anything to anchor things to the top lid.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have the one you want. Got it from Jackal01 earlier this year. I'm exploring some options that may require removing that deck and if I do, I'll let you know.

Yes, Please keep me posted, because this is the deck I was planning on purchasing, and would like to get my hands on it if you're passing it on.

How tall is the deck from the floor to the lid inside? :daydream: I.E. what is the tallest you can fit inside it??

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Here is what Tuffy had to say on the subject:

"Thank you for contacting Tuffy Security Products! We received your Tuffy inquiry.

We discontinued SKU 275 last April 2016. Essentially the 326-Deluxe Security Deck enclosure replaces the 275. There were several design upgrades to the model. The 326 is a much easier install plus it offers more storage as it doesn't have the "imprinted tray" on top of the deck enclosure. We do offer Tie Down anchor rings or rails and Commercial Grade Diamond Plate Vinyl for purchase on the website as an accessory for the 326.

We also offer SKU 299-2011+ JK Security Tailgate Enclosure. The 299 does have tie down rings installed on the top of the deck enclosure. Please click on the link below for product review and specifications.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-495-tuffy-2011-jk-unlimited-security-tailgate-enclosure.aspx

The 299 and 326 are similar in design, have the same functionality and offer the same secured and lockable storage. The 299 is a hinged design utilizing the wheel wells of the Jeep and the tailgate to fully create an enclosed area. The 326 has all steel sides, top panel, front panel and with the lockable tailgate fully secures the contents."

So, there you go. If Granite_Head decides he wants to keep his, It looks like I'll be getting the Tuffy 326. But I'll hold out until he has made his decision. :thumb:

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The 299 and 326 are similar in design, have the same functionality and offer the same secured and lockable storage. The 299 is a hinged design utilizing the wheel wells of the Jeep and the tailgate to fully create an enclosed area. The 326 has all steel sides, top panel, front panel and with the lockable tailgate fully secures the contents."

You have those flipped. The 299 doesn't hinge. You can remove the top with no tools though as it has thumb wheels on the inside instead of nuts.

The 326 is the one that hinges and opens up.

I have the 299 and want the 326 someday. I also wouldn't stack much weight on top of the 299. It bends simply by pushing on it. It so far has always popped back out but I believe something heavy (like a full ice chest, let alone 3 like they show in the pics on their website) would bend it enough to not pop back out.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great product and serves it's purpose. If you need/plan to stack stuff on top or feel like the non hinge/non opening up part will worry you I would get the 326 instead.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
You have those flipped. The 299 doesn't hinge. You can remove the top with no tools though as it has thumb wheels on the inside instead of nuts.

The 326 is the one that hinges and opens up.

I have the 299 and want the 326 someday. I also wouldn't stack much weight on top of the 299. It bends simply by pushing on it. It so far has always popped back out but I believe something heavy (like a full ice chest, let alone 3 like they show in the pics on their website) would bend it enough to not pop back out.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great product and serves it's purpose. If you need/plan to stack stuff on top or feel like the non hinge/non opening up part will worry you I would get the 326 instead.

All I did was copy-paste what tuffy told me via email. Yes, I'm thinking the 326 is the one if I can't land an "older" 275

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
All I did was copy-paste what tuffy told me via email. Yes, I'm thinking the 326 is the one if I can't land an "older" 275

No worries. Just trying to clear it up.

Like I said, the one I have is a great product and performs as advertised really. It's just a pain for me since it doesn't lift up, I'm 6 foot 3 inches and the jeep is lifted 2.5 inches, I still have to bend over to get crap out from underneath it. So I feel like the one that lifts up will just work better for me. Others as well I'm sure.

Top Bottom