Winches

hawklee

Was shopping at harbor freight and came across Badland Winches
9000 lb is $299
12000lb is $399

Anyone use either of these? Feedback I was was looking at quadratec and prices were $400-500

Thoughts?
Thx

Ddays

Hooked
I would stay away from those -they are cheap for a reason. I learned through this site to NOT scrimp on safety equipment. It these lower end winches fail you're screwed. Why bother even having one?
This is one thing that you should shell out for the best that you can afford.

swampdog

cav♤fighter;757662 said:
Warn has a rebate special going on right now. Cant go wrong here

But a Warn, but not the ones recommended above. The VR series winches are Chinese and no better that the rest of the other shitty cheap winches. If you are on a budget, buy the Warn M-8000. It is a quality setup, proven for years, and won't set you back much more than $500.

Jeeper125

I run the 9000 lb harbor freight winch, it got me and others out of a couple on messes but it's probably cheap for a reason

Jeep Bro 08

Them cheap winches wont get u out of a lot messes. The time when you need it the most is when it lets u down . Guaranteed

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Was shopping at harbor freight and came across Badland Winches
9000 lb is $299
12000lb is $399

Anyone use either of these? Feedback I was was looking at quadratec and prices were $400-500

Thoughts?
Thx

A buddy buys those for his trailer. In the 10 years or so I've known him he has had so many of those we quit counting. Some don't work when they are brand new. Others last a few years. I wouldn't use them as a recovery winch for a vehicle. And really with all the problems he has had, I doubt if get one for a trailer either.

RUBEERCON

Warn may not be in his budget. If you can wait it out we all agree Warn is reliable.

Have you had the need for a winch yet or just want one on the jeep just in case?

If your shopping in the $500 and under range I would spend the full $500 and skip the HF winches. You can google the topic best winch under 500 and get a lot of info.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I definitely understand budget issues but many here (myself included) have made the mistake of picking up a winch like that and I've personally never seen it work out. My opinion is to save a little more and pick up a warn m8000. If you shop around you can find them in the 500 range.

hawklee

Thanks for all feedback. Luckily I haven't needed one yet but almost got stuck in mud recently so I figured I'd start looking. Budget is about $500.

RUBEERCON

Will M8000 pull a weighted down JKU in most situations? I have the VR10000s, yes china blah .... Zero issues so far but it has been maxed out a few times with a block and without. I was afraid the M8000 wouldn't get the job done. I do agree it's the best bang at 600 bucks!

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Will M8000 pull a weighted down JKU in most situations? I have the VR10000s, yes china blah .... Zero issues so far but it has been maxed out a few times with a block and without. I was afraid the M8000 wouldn't get the job done. I do agree it's the best bang at 600 bucks!

I believe it's 1 and 1/2 times the the weight of your Jeep. So if your jku weighs 6500 lbs the suggested winch size would be 10k or no less than 9.5k.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Yes, and a snatch block doubles the capacity. Swampdog is running one.

WJCO

Meme King

I know the Zeon and M-series are different, but I have pulled fine with my Zeon 8s. My WJ is very comparable in weight to a JKU. And that's with 5 people in it along with tools, mods, supplies etc.

Top Bottom