MYJPBAD Build

mojave5

So I'm fairly new to the forum and haven't posted a build thread of my Jeep. I don't have pics of every step along the way, but I'll walk through what has changed to date.

This is my JK Rubi I bought new in May 2014

Starting form:
IMG_1331.jpg

First mods were:
-shorty antenna
-Rugged Ridge hood latches
-1.5" wheel spacers
-Teraflex Leveling Kit
-Tinted windows (5% all around, 50% windshield)
IMG_0495.jpg

I kept it this for 1.5 years. Then decided to do a custom Thule rack mod to the back half to accommodate ski racks or a basket. Also added a 20" hood mounted light bar for going up the pass early mornings before everyone, and changed the headlight bulbs to HID's (for now)
IMG_0741.jpg

mojave5

So now I'm up to only about a month ago and decided i needed to make some serious changes since it's no longer my daily driver.

First up:
-AFE intake
-XS power battery
IMG_1288.jpg

Next i decided to do front and rear bumpers:
-Front: Crawler ConceptZ skinny with bar
-Rear: Crawler Concepts Skinny
-Rigid Industries Dually fog kit
-AFE hi-tuck off-road exhaust
IMG_1292.jpg
IMG_1300.jpg
IMG_1311.jpg

mojave5

I knew i was going to larger tires and fenders so pulled off the stock fenders and did some cutting in the seams and rock bar to get ready.

Also at this time i installed:
-Teraflex 2.5" springs for 4dr
-Tereaflex trackbar relocation bracket (axle side)
-Teraflex Bumpstops (front and rear)
-Shock adaptors (while i decided which shocks to get)
-Teraflex rear sway bar end link (relocated rear to front)

IMG_1318.jpg

Last edited:

mojave5

Couple days later...

- KMC XD Addict rims came in 17 x 9
-Got them mounted up with 37x13.50R17 Nitto Mud Grapplers at discount tire ((steal at 358/each!!)) :beer:

IMG_1325.jpg

Then came another order...

-Crawler Conceptz rear tire carrier to fit the full-size spare
-Crawler Conceptz skinny front Fenders
-Crawler Conceptz rear fenders
- Evo mini fender liners
-Pillar dually lights (auxbeam on amazon, super cheap and great build quality from what i can tell so far)

IMG_1329.jpg

mojave5

Now up to last week!

decided on shocks finally since i was still running the adaptors.

-Fox 2.0 with res
IMG_1338.jpg

Went wheeling over the weekend... had my sway bar disconnected and still managed to destroy an end link
IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

mojave5

Looking good! Can't wait to see what else is to come!

Thanks! Got a few things on the way. Half arriving tomorrow and half today.

-Rock Krawler adjustable rear end links (not needed but like that they are greasable)
-JKS adjustable front end links to replace my bent one.
-ARB on-board air kit from Northridge
-ADAMS 1350 front driveshaft (have a small tear in my boot)
-Poison Spyder hood louver
-EVO oil pan skid plate

Then wheeling Sunday hopefully!! :beer:

mojave5

Installing the EVO oil pan skid today!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472176707.164127.jpg

Got under to clean and start undoing the bolts... Noticed one of the nuts was missing... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472176767.928261.jpg

🤔🤔

mojave5

On the list tonight and Saturday:

-Arb on-board air kit from Northridge
-Poison Spyder hood louve
-ADAMs 1350 front driveshaft
-JKS Front sway bar end links

I'll post up along the way.

LAJK

Great build for sure! How was the install on the rear bumper? That's the bumper I will be purchasing here in a couple weeks.

mojave5

Great build for sure! How was the install on the rear bumper? That's the bumper I will be purchasing here in a couple weeks.

Thanks! The install was pretty straight forward, just takes a few times to mock up and cut without cutting too much. Havoc Offroad has a great video on it.

mojave5

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472276254.296580.jpg

Got further than this tonight but got sucked into dinner and wasn't able to finish! I'll post more tomorrow!

mojave5

So didnt take too many pictures along the way since i was getting it ready for wheeling Sunday and also had evening plans Saturday.

But finished the Poison spyder hood louvers, I painted a square in the hood silver underneath the spyder logo to stand out and go with the rest of my build.
IMG_1357.jpg

After this i did the ARB on-board air kit from Northridge, I will take pictures later of it. I wasn't a fan of the lack-of instructions on it, but have a friend who used to work there and was able to hook it up no problem with me.

Then did the ADAMs 1350 Front driveshaft. The install was straight forward but the front pinion bolt was a pain to get off. Ended up putting the 1-1/8" socket on a breaker bar and using my jack to push the bar up to crack it loose.
IMG_1358.jpg

Sunday went great! The on-board air had no issues inflating my 37's and my buddies 33's. And had no issues with the driveshaft either.
IMG_1359.png

mojave5

All cleaned up and put on a Northridge sticker since it's my local shop and get everything from them (and Amazon).

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472619603.057076.jpg

Also upgraded my flashcal to flashpaq, can't wait to try the crawl tune!

mojave5

Doing a few things this weekend.

First thing, change diff fluids and put on poison spyder covers!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473113988.928171.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473114002.198754.jpg

Then for fun did a little flex on the front rocks/ditch.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473114053.476171.jpg

Now painting up my EVO rockers.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473114110.454659.jpg

mojave5

Jeep looks great!

I've never tried the crawl tune. I'm curious what you think of it when you try it out.

Tried the crawl tune yesterday. It seemed to work great, just feels like it gives you more torque in the low end. My only dislike on it so far is how long it takes to load the tune once you get to the trails.

I aired down my 37's to 10psi before it was done even.

Top Bottom