ATX Slab bolt replacement question

snowcrash

I have ATX Slabs, my bolts rusted pretty bad. Got in touch with Northridge and they sent me a whole new set of SS ones. Can I replace them one by one without messing stuff up (like keeping the tire mounted, remove one bolt, replace it, torque it and move on to the next). I don't want to mess up the balance or bead or any of that stuff. Or should I just wait and have a pro do it? (I didn't install them myself)

Thanks!

I have ATX Slabs, my bolts rusted pretty bad. Got in touch with Northridge and they sent me a whole new set of SS ones. Can I replace them one by one without messing stuff up (like keeping the tire mounted, remove one bolt, replace it, torque it and move on to the next). I don't want to mess up the balance or bead or any of that stuff. Or should I just wait and have a pro do it? (I didn't install them myself)

Thanks!

Very interested in this as well as I will be getting some slabs very soon.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
It all really depends what your comfortable doing. Its not really that hard to just take the ring apart. But id imagibe replacing one at a time wouldnt be a huge deal.

The only thing i can think is some of mine aren't perfectly centered in the hole of the ring, they might be a bitch to get in and out one at a time. You may be better off tightening them all at once

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
You could definitely take the wheel off air down and replace them 1 by 1. Not going to hurt anything, just torque them back up to 22ft-lbs

Benito

Caught the Bug
I ran into the same issue and replaced mine when I was ready to rotate the tires. I removed one bolt at a time and torqued it down then retorqued them all when I finished replacing them. I didn't have any issues and still don't

snowcrash

Thanks! I have a club run this weekend and don't want to mess with it today but will do it when I get home Sunday.

GCM 2

I ran into the same issue and replaced mine when I was ready to rotate the tires. I removed one bolt at a time and torqued it down then retorqued them all when I finished replacing them. I didn't have any issues and still don't

Exactly what Benito wrote above. No need to air down and remove everything.

Also, here is and old thread from a few years ago that I created when a few of my bolts broke and I needed to replace them. You will see in step #1 that I mention no need to even remove the wheel from the jeep.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?6855-ATX-Slabs-repair-tip

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Exactly what Benito wrote above. No need to air down and remove everything.

Also, here is and old thread from a few years ago that I created when a few of my bolts broke and I needed to replace them. You will see in step #1 that I mention no need to even remove the wheel from the jeep.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?6855-ATX-Slabs-repair-tip

I just left the Holiday Inn Express, Barstow. Room 112. I followed your directions:
Three knocks, one hard, two soft. Then I said, I'm here to see uncle Greg about a '72 EL Camino.

No one answered!!

GCM 2

I just left the Holiday Inn Express, Barstow. Room 112. I followed your directions:
Three knocks, one hard, two soft. Then I said, I'm here to see uncle Greg about a '72 EL Camino.

No one answered!!

Oh, we were in there. But ttfhell and I were both wearing duct tape over our mouths.

Top Bottom