Upgrade a Dana 30 to a Dana 44 front axle

Was wondering if it's worth considering upgrading my Dana 30 axle to a Rubi 44 axle with 50,000 miles on it? Do you think with 50,000 miles I'm asking for trouble? Your thoughts appreciated.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
X2 depends one what shape it's in and how much they want. You may be better off saving for an actual upgrade like the Dynatrac ProRock44.

Currently he's asking $3,000.00 for front and rear 44. I already have a locker in my rear 44. '13 Sport. I'm still waiting to here his offer on the front 44 alone.

My thought is it's probably only worth paying around a $1,000.00. But that's my guess. He's going up to 1 ton axles so he might have beat the hell out of these?

Last edited:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
3k for a 50000 mile rubicon 44 is way too much, that is 2/3 of the way to a PR44. Wait and save your money for a good axle.

Oh sorry I missed that it was for the pair, still seems kind of high and you already have a 44 in the rear so you don't really need both. Still say save for the PRoRock.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Currently he's asking $3,000.00 for front and rear 44. I already have a locker in my rear 44. '13 Sport. I'm still waiting to here his offer on the front 44 alone.

My thought is it's probably only worth paying around a $1,000.00. But that's my guess. He's going up to 1 ton axles so he might have beat the hell out of these?

$1k for a ready to bolt in front would be an ok deal. At that point it does depend on how much he has abused them. Do you know what tire size he was running?

I believe he was running 35's.

I currently have 3.73 gears so I would have to upgrade to 4.10's. At least in the rear if I bought his front 44.

Marauder

3k for a 50000 mile rubicon 44 is way too much, that is 2/3 of the way to a PR44. Wait and save your money for a good axle.

Oh sorry I missed that it was for the pair, still seems kind of high and you already have a 44 in the rear so you don't really need both. Still say save for the PRoRock.

The cool thing about a sport rear axle is that the shafts are the same and you can get by with carrying one spare. I vote pro rock 44. Save your $$ and buy a quality axle. I don't regret buying my prorock at all. It's peace of mind for you, your passengers and the people that would have to help you off the trail.

madstiles

$1000 is a great deal where I live . That said in my opinion it depends on what and how you wheel . If you can get it for that price I would do it and either run the 30 till it breaks or keep the 30 for spare but I don't do hardcore wheeling here in Florida that said I don't baby shit lol if your hardcore like a lot of these guys hold out for something better

Top Bottom