Cooper STT Pro vs Toyo vs Nitto

Petzl88

I have thrashed the sidewalls on my Duratracs. 22 trails this year, not as many last year but I have had these tires for 3 years and they have about 35,000 miles on them and they still have another 20,000 miles left on the tread but the sidewalls are terrible. I have ripped a sidewall 2 out of the last 3 times wheeling, coming down Webster Pass and on Bill Moore Lake trail.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472173512.667388.jpg

It is time for 35s. I have it narrowed down between three tires.

Cooper STT Pro
Nitto Trail Grappler
Toyo Mud Terrains

I like the Toyo and the Nittos but have only seen the Coopers once on a guys unit.

How are the Cooper STT Pros handling the highway mileage? Any thoughts how many miles they will last on a 4 or 5 tire rotation?

Any votes?

Thanks!

GraniteCrystal

Only thing I've run is KO2s. They just took a beating on my multi-day trip and performed flawlessly. I'm guessing you've considered those already though.

Bump for anyone who has driven your three options.

WJCO

Meme King
I've only had these Coopers a short time but loving them so far. I had a neighbor who had about 30k on his and had only good things to say.

Exodus 4x4

I've think I've got almost 7-8k on my coopers so far and they're wearing well. In fact I've hardly noticed any. They wheel great too. I had the Nittos before and the radial pull was so bad I'd never go back to them. Virtually none if any with the Coopers.

Petzl88

Only thing I've run is KO2s. They just took a beating on my multi-day trip and performed flawlessly. I'm guessing you've considered those already though.

Bump for anyone who has driven your three options.

I like them but I am looking for something that has a stronger sidewall and will be able to hold up for a while. I have a feeling that I will thrash those after a couple seasons. The Toyo MTs and the Nittos seem like they will hold up.

I've only had these Coopers a short time but loving them so far. I had a neighbor who had about 30k on his and had only good things to say.
Sweet. I am leaning that way but I could go with the Toyos. They are more expensive than the STT pros though by a few hundred bucks and they weigh almost 15 pounds more!

Exodus 4x4

I like them but I am looking for something that has a stronger sidewall and will be able to hold up for a while. I have a feeling that I will thrash those after a couple seasons. The Toyo MTs and the Nittos seem like they will hold up.

I'm not sure why you would think the Coopers don't have a strong sidewall. I've run mine pretty hard on the curbs at the mall and they've held up great. What would I know though, I've only run 2 out the 3 tires you're asking about.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Is it cut, or did you just pop the bead, like OverlanderJk said? If you just popped a bead, how far were aired down?

FFRidgeway

I'm not sure why you would think the Coopers don't have a strong sidewall. I've run mine pretty hard on the curbs at the mall and they've held up great. What would I know though, I've only run 2 out the 3 tires you're asking about.

Ha ha ha ^^^ I too have run Nitto's and MT/R's. I'm going to be trying out the Cooper STT Pro's next.

Petzl88

Go back and read my post. I'm talking about the KO2 tires having a weak sidewall. Why would I be looking at the Cooper STR Pros if I thought they had a weak sidewall.

Exodus 4x4

Go back and read my post. I'm talking about the KO2 tires having a weak sidewall. Why would I be looking at the Cooper STR Pros if I thought they had a weak sidewall.

Lol because I'm sick and delirious and didn't notice you quoted Granite crystal. Sorry man. I'm putting the internet down for the night before I break something.

Petzl88

Hey man. No worries. I'm leaning toward the Cooper STT Pros! I mainly wanted to hear "fuck yea! Get those Coopers!" Or something similar before I pull the trigger!

hhunter050

I have the older STTs and I fucking love them. Awesome tires I just wish they made a bigger size. 37x13.50 just ain't cutting it

Jk_nate

I've ran trail grapplers and toyo mt's. I recommend giving the km2 a look. Any of those 3 will be a great tire though.

Top Bottom