Rock Krawler 3.5" xfactor issues

deezus

Hey all, I'm having some front end issues with my RK lift. Nitto TGS 37, Fox shocks w/resi and 3" bumps, 1.5" wheel spacers.
UCA lengths: 19 1/2'
LCA lengths: 23 1/2" Pinion is almost stock between 1.5 and 2. The issue I'm having is the passenger tire is rubbing on my front bumper and cutting into tire tread and now there is a full circle around tire at full compression, only on Passenger side. I have heard that the RK kit moves front wheel out 1/2 inch and if this is the case could I just adjust arms back that much to keep pinion and stop rubbing? any help would be appreciated!

Jtvegas

I kept recommended control arm lengths. I shaved the inner part of my steel mid front bumper about a inch and no more rub. Also if your running 37's is your front bumper full width? If so I would recommend a stubby

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Is the bumper mounted true? Could it be an issue with the bumper and not the lift? And does it happen with wheels straight or only when turned to the left?

deezus

I kept recommended control arm lengths. I shaved the inner part of my steel mid front bumper about a inch and no more rub. Also if your running 37's is your front bumper full width? If so I would recommend a stubby

I have the RSE front stubby. And only when wheel is turned to the left. Its definitely the bumper causing it, I Just thought maybe the lift was too far forward. FYI, Front springs are straight up and down.

DRTYRAT30

I have same lift with 37" no spacers and at full stuff with 2.75" bumps. Stubby ace bumper. Pinion at 1.5* shortened up the uppers to get proper pinion. Set lowers so bumps meet top&bottom at full stuff, No rub. Maybe check your axle is centered as its only happening on one side.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472229713.593247.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472229739.795633.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472229759.206230.jpg

Last edited:

Rb1boxer_3

I had that lift on my 12' and I believe it only moves out the rear axle 1 inch I don't ever remember it moving the front axle at all. Might want to read check length. Also do you have any pics of it turned all the way and what part it's rubbing.

deezus

So I should've put a question mark on this thread, axle is dead on its the bumper, it actually hits both sides but passenger side is cutting tire. Had WFO in Auburn trim the bumper, seems all good now. Thanks everyone...nice pics btw!

Crso8541

I had that lift on my 12' and I believe it only moves out the rear axle 1 inch I don't ever remember it moving the front axle at all. Might want to read check length. Also do you have any pics of it turned all the way and what part it's rubbing.

This is true and it moves it based on how much the control arms are lengthened. I'm pretty certain 1" is what the average is. I would definitely call RK, they will definitely help.

deezus

Well it was rubbing on my front bumper, I had it trimmed and I plan on wheeling soon so I'll let you guys know if that corrects it.

Jitsujeeper

I've had this kit(3.5 X-Factor) almost since it came out. The rear is moved 1" NOT the front. Check all the front measurements. Something has to be off..
The only time I have had rubbing issues up front is when it has been off center and/or one side had too much caster.

deezus

I've had this kit(3.5 X-Factor) almost since it came out. The rear is moved 1" NOT the front. Check all the front measurements. Something has to be off..
The only time I have had rubbing issues up front is when it has been off center and/or one side had too much caster.

That's what I thought. I just got back from the Rubicon no more rub! Trimming get the bumper solved the issue. BTW, I'm very happy with my RK lift, rides so smooth.

Top Bottom