Model Feature Question:

LarryG

Other than the transfer case, gear ratio, and drive shafts....is there any other feature on the Rubicon that is NOT on the Sport? I will be changing axles, but need to understand if there is anything else....like undercarriage protection...? Thanks.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Electronic lockers, Electronic sway bar, nothing underneath protection wise that I am aware of.

swampdog

I don't think the drive shafts are any different. The rubicon axles are both Dana 44s, while a non-Rubi is a Dana 44 rear and 30 front. Also, the rubicon is a 30 spline front and 32 spline rear while the non-Rubi is 27 and 30.

LarryG

I don't think the drive shafts are any different. The rubicon axles are both Dana 44s, while a non-Rubi is a Dana 44 rear and 30 front. Also, the rubicon is a 30 spline front and 32 spline rear while the non-Rubi is 27 and 30.

I will be installing Dynatrac Axles...so I should be fine.

swampdog

I will be installing Dynatrac Axles...so I should be fine.

Replacing the axles and suspension, there is no reason to buy the rubicon. You will end up paying an extra $6,000 for axles (you are removing), suspension (you are removing), transfer case and swaybar disconnect. You can add an atlas transfer case (stronger and better than the Rubi case) for $2,500 and have $3,500 left for upgrades.

Don't waste your money.

Gravedigger11

I wouldn't buy a Rubi. Not worth the money unless you don't have the cash to throw at it right away. Eventually the e disco will stop working, e lockers will stick or break.

Jkratt

Don't forget, the Rubicon comes with cabin filters for the interior air box. The sport has the box, but Jeep saved 10'bucks by not putting in filters. Seriously, if you are replacing axles already, go with the sport. The Rubicon ends up more than 6 grand more once people upgrade stereo, leather seats, and so on.

dillard09

Just get a sport. Find a rubi disconnect and put a Evo no limits in it, either put in a rubicrawler or an atlas. With the cost of those you still have left over a couple thousand that a Rubicon would cost over a sport and put that towards your Prorocks. Then the only different would be things on the inside.

Gravedigger11

Just get a sport. Find a rubi disconnect and put a Evo no limits in it, either put in a rubicrawler or an atlas. With the cost of those you still have left over a couple thousand that a Rubicon would cost over a sport and put that towards your Prorocks. Then the only different would be things on the inside.

You can get a Rubi t case for your sport t case and 600 bucks if you know the right person

Top Bottom