VIDEO : BREAKING a TIRE BEAD & RESEATING it with FIRE!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ever find yourself in need of breaking a tire bead on the trail so that you can do something like replace a valve stem? Ever wanted to know how you can get that bead reseated in a real hurry? In this short video, you'll get to see us do both as we break a tire bead using a simple Hi-Lift Jack and the bumper on a Jeep and then reseat it again and in a real hurry with FIRE!! I know this is a departure from the kind of videos we normally make and I also realize that this may be nothing new to a lot of you but I hope you enjoy it just the same.

:cool:

rev745

Ever find yourself in need of breaking a tire bead on the trail so that you can do something like replace a valve stem? Ever wanted to know how you can get that bead reseated in a real hurry? In this short video, you'll get to see us do both as we break a tire bead using a simple Hi-Lift Jack and the bumper on a Jeep and then reseat it again and in a real hurry with FIRE!! I know this is a departure from the kind of videos we normally make and I also realize that this may be nothing new to a lot of you but I hope you enjoy it just the same.

:cool:

Due to my deafness and no captions! Tell me what is that spray can! Thanks!

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Ok, that was pretty sweet. I want to know who the first guy was who said "Guys, let's pour some starter fluid on it, light it on fire, and use the explosion to pop it out." Probably the same guy who said "I'm going to go up to that cow, pull on it's udder, and whatever comes out, I'm drinking it."

JKbrick

Back in the early 80s when monster trucks first came about a friend of mine built one and we seated the 66" tires with starter fluid. The whole thing would come off the ground then kind of shrink in I assume as the oxygen all burned. It was crazy

Top Bottom