Programmers: Flashcal 3571or AEV

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Does anyone have experience with the Flashcal 3571? Did they change anything? I know I've seen some talk about programmers before, but they are all older threads and refer to the 3570 or older Superchips and the AEV. They both have advantages and disadvantages, but I'm leaning toward the Flashcal. I already have a cheap bluetooth OBD reader that works with Torque on Android; I don't really care about a fancy read out or reading trouble codes, but the Flashcal is a little cheaper so why not?

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've used both and what I like about the Flashcal is that you do have a screen that will not only tell you what check engine codes you have, it'll even tell you what it's for. What I like about the ProCal is that you can do things like turn off your TPMS easier AND turn off your sway bar light if you're running something a No-Limits disconnect. Of course, the downside to a ProCal is that it has no screen and won't read codes.

Exodus 4x4

I've used both and what I like about the Flashcal is that you do have a screen that will not only tell you what check engine codes you have, it'll even tell you what it's for. What I like about the ProCal is that you can do things like turn off your TPMS easier AND turn off your sway bar light if you're running something a No-Limits disconnect. Of course, the downside to a ProCal is that it has no screen and won't read codes.

The Flashcal does allow you to turn off the TPMS now, but I choose to leave mine on so it'll still read the tire pressure. I've gotten used to the tire light.

Stotch

Caught the Bug

Thanks for the input!

So have you used both the Flashcal 3570 and 3571? I know I saw you used a 3570 in a thread yesterday. Are they functionally identical?

The Flashcal does allow you to turn off the TPMS now, but I choose to leave mine on so it'll still read the tire pressure. I've gotten used to the tire light.

Thanks, good to know! Leaving mine on wouldn't do much; all I get is a light, no pressure read-outs.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Remove the flashcal, update it, and reflash your gears and tires. This should set the TPMS threshold to 22psi. You will no longer get a tire light while street driving if that's what you are seeing. If you are talking about while aired down, I still have a tire light when I air down and the readout on the dash says "inflate to - -"

That being said, O.P. If I could go back, I think the Procal offers more usible options and wish I would have gone that way. But the Superchips option does work.

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

Remove the flashcal, update it, and reflash your gears and tires. This should set the TPMS threshold to 22psi. You will no longer get a tire light while street driving if that's what you are seeing. If you are talking about while aired down, I still have a tire light when I air down and the readout on the dash says "inflate to - -"

That being said, O.P. If I could go back, I think the Procal offers more usible options and wish I would have gone that way. But the Superchips option does work.

I did. All it did was set my tire psi to zero on all 4, but the light went off. I'll try again one of these days.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I did. All it did was set my tire psi to zero on all 4, but the light went off. I'll try again one of these days.

I have a flashpac, not the flashcal being that my jeep is manual. But my TPMS system works and I get no tire light until I drop below 22psi. :idontknow:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I have a flashpac, not the flashcal being that my jeep is manual. But my TPMS system works and I get no tire light until I drop below 22psi. :idontknow:

I have a manual as well, really all I need it for is calibrating the TPMS and the speedometer with tire size changes (the dealer in town won't do it for me :grayno:). Some of the other features might be fun to play with, but they aren't that important to me. As long as I don't have the tire light on during my daily driving and my speedometer is accurate I'll be a happy camper.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
It would be nice if I could just rent or borrow one, but from my understanding all of the options tie themselves to one VIN number :rolleyes2:

xxJWPxx

I believe you can upgrade the Flashcal to the Flashpaq if you ever decided you wanted the additional Flashpaq features. I had the Flashpaq on my prior 2 door and it was pretty easy to use and I liked having the screen.

USMC Wrangler

I believe you can upgrade the Flashcal to the Flashpaq if you ever decided you wanted the additional Flashpaq features. I had the Flashpaq on my prior 2 door and it was pretty easy to use and I liked having the screen.

That is correct too. My cal has been upgraded to a paq. Once or twice a year Superchips runs a discount on the upgrade.

Top Bottom