Need advice on two diff "lifts."

johnnyleo11

Hello,

I searched for two days looking for an answer to my dilemma, but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Set up:

Rig: 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport STOCK
Tires: 31" 10.5 R15 BFG TA KO

I noticed that my driver's side is dipping down and I'm still checking out if a spring has fell off its mount. It's currently raining here in Puerto Rico and don't have a garage to keep myself dry for an inspection.

Option One: Rubicon Express 2" Budget Boost (RE7030) http://4x4xplor.com/REBB.html
I looked at the website and was pleased at the cost and ease of installation.​

Option Two: Rough Country 2.5" Suspension Lift (SKU 653.20) http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-652-3.html
When searching through the forum I came across this. Most of you run 33" or 35". Price looks nice and it comes with new springs which I want to replace.​

I nary go off road. There are a lot of trails down here in Puerto Rico but I am worried about going out there sometimes. Jeep is completely stock.

What would you go with if you were in my shoes? I may upgrade to 33" tires once I get back to the states. Tires here in PR cost an arm and leg with the taxes.

Am I going to have to purchase anything else with the RC 2.5" lift or does it include everything I need to install? (Sway bar links, etc...)

Last edited:

OhNoTheJiggies

I had a RE budget boost on my 2007 JK and it worked well. My friend has their basic spring lift on his 13 JK and it works great for him too.

Personally, I haven't had a rough country lift but of the several people I know that have had it, the springs sagged within the first year and a few of them just bought different springs at that point. Not sure if that's supposed to be covered under their warranty or not, so I'd stay away from that one.

Also, if you don't do much off-roading, then the budget boosts spring spacer(instead of new springs) maintains the ride quality of the stock springs. So if you like the way your ride feels right now, you'd be good to go.

If not, And you want something nice and soft for the road, I'd go with the EVO plush ride coils... Along with some bilstein or fox shocks.

johnnyleo11

Thanks.

I feel like the ride is kind of soft for me but I probably want it to be a little soft with the road conditions here in Puerto Rico. I have Bilstein 5100 on my tahoe.

Will the sway bar links be okay if I'm adding two inches? Thinking about getting sets for the front and rear.

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
I had a RE budget boost on my 2007 JK and it worked well. My friend has their basic spring lift on his 13 JK and it works great for him too.

Personally, I haven't had a rough country lift but of the several people I know that have had it, the springs sagged within the first year and a few of them just bought different springs at that point. Not sure if that's supposed to be covered under their warranty or not, so I'd stay away from that one.

Also, if you don't do much off-roading, then the budget boosts spring spacer(instead of new springs) maintains the ride quality of the stock springs. So if you like the way your ride feels right now, you'd be good to go.

If not, And you want something nice and soft for the road, I'd go with the EVO plush ride coils... Along with some bilstein or fox shocks.

Keep in mind, this is for a TJ and not a JK.

Have you looked into the Rancho kits?

Top Bottom