Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Krawler control arm joints

Been Around the Block Gravedigger11's Avatar

Rock Krawler control arm joints

So I've had RK control arms about 8 months now and I am going on needing to replace yet another joint. The first one they warrantied for a rear upper control arm. The second is a front lower frame side joint. It seems for the money spent having to replace two joints in under a year is crap. Anybody have similar issues with RK control arms?

No but I had issues with my full traction rear upper joints and they would not warranty it. I would just put the stock ones back on. That's what i ended up doing.

I birch about my RK kit a lot but I can't complain about the quality or the joints.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I birch about my RK kit a lot but I can't complain about the quality or the joints.
    They are very stout. It just seems odd having to replace two in 8 months.

I agree. Mines a year old with bout 15k miles. How many is yours? Also are the joints parallel to the arms per the instructions? They're a pain in the ass to get straight..

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit

Ya I had a rear upper Krawler joint go out in first 6 months and they replaced it. I would say the challenge is getting the proper torque on the jam nuts keeping the Krawler joints vertical with no slant. Other than that I'm happy with the smooth highway ride and it's off road flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I agree. Mines a year old with bout 15k miles. How many is yours? Also are the joints parallel to the arms per the instructions? They're a pain in the ass to get straight..
    Yeah they are straight. The one that just fell apart is the front lower frame side joint

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger11 View Post
    Yeah they are straight. The one that just fell apart is the front lower frame side joint
    When you say 'fell apart' was it literally that? Got any picst?
    When these arms go, and since I'll need to replace all 8, I think I'm going to go with Currie arms because of the Johnny Joint.

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger11 View Post
    Is your exhaust right next to it? I could be wrong but they are rubber there arent they. On my brothers old jeep the heat from exhaust killed them till finally realized it and put a heat shield in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbicon View Post
    Is your exhaust right next to it? I could be wrong but they are rubber there arent they. On my brothers old jeep the heat from exhaust killed them till finally realized it and put a heat shield in.
    The RK LCA's I have are not rubber joints.

I'm only at 5000 miles or so with mine, so no problems. Hopefully they stay that way but this thread concerns me.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast