Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rock Krawler control arm joints

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011jk View Post
    Remember use anti-seize inside the control arms.

TORQUE VALUES FOR HARDWARE AND JAM NUTS
    • All 14mm and 9/16” bolts are torqued to 90-100 ft-lbs.
    • All 12mm and ½” bolts are torqued to 75-80 ft-lbs.
    • All 10mm and 3/8 bolts are torqued to 30-35 ft-lbs.
    • All #10-32 bolts are torqued to 25 to 30 inch pounds
    • All 7/8” Jam Nuts are to be torqued 200-220 ft-lbs. Up to ½” of threads showing past the
    jam nut is safe for final adjustment. These specifications are critical for the overall
    longevity of the threaded section.
    • All 1” Jam Nuts are to be torqued to 250-300 ft-lbs. GET YOUR BIG BOY PANTS ON!
    Up to 5/8” of threads showing past the jam nut is safe for final adjustment. These
    specifications are critical for the overall longevity of the threaded section.
    Yeah I read the instructions very complete multiple times and followed this to the t. Problem is the joints are coming apart overtime from small movements at their bolted locations. Mine separate on the highway every time then u get a slight axle shift and Traction control light kicks in and startles u for a second. Lucky I have control while driving and wasn't doing anything dumb at the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block
    Whats coming apart? picture?
    Are you using Blue Loctite?

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by SullivanM08 View Post
    Yeah I started looking at the double D. Problem is this RK kits hasn't seen as much use as I'd have liked before upgrading. But like everyone else I want long arm so who knows might just be the time to do it. The pic comparison defently does Evo justice.

My Krawler Joints have 1.25" shanks and have more miss alignment ability than the Currie joints when installed into std axle-frame mounts unless you use the Currie narrow series joint, I've ran both without issues from either one.

So pick your poison both work.
    Last edited by 2011jk; 05-12-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Caught the Bug
    20180102_153809.jpg
    Red locktight. RK sent me 2 more out free of charge.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234