Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting beadlocks, almost done but need help

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar

Mounting beadlocks, almost done but need help

I have the tire mounted and the ring is in place and torgued down. The rear bead needs to be set now but there isn't a good enough seal on the back for the air to hold and pop it into place. Im just using my little single ARB.

So before I go buy a can of starter fluid and potentially blow up my garage is there a better option? Would a more powerful compressor do the job? Im thinking the starter fluid is my best option right now as scary as that sounds.

Yikes, post a video of the pop
    Good luck man lol

Caught the Bug
    Try putting the wheel onto a 5 gallon bucket turned upside down with the bead that needs to be set on the bottom. I would think the weight of the tire would hold it down enough to set.

You may need a bigger compressor or some way of getting a large initial blast of air into the tire.

Hope that helps.
    Eagle1911
    2010 JK 2 Dr

Nothing but a Thing NevadaZielmeister's Avatar

Just make sure that if you do use the starter fluid method, remove the valve core first. Also, check Cindy and Eddies' video on how to do it right.

Otherwise, a good home compressor is never a waste of money, they are so useful.
    RubySky's Build:
    EVO Double Throw Down Front and Rear suspension with bypass system and EVO Lever
    EVO Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade
    Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle with Pro Steer Ball Joints, G2 35 Spline Placer Gold Axles, ProGrip Brakes
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 rear axle, full float with 5.38 gearing
    JE Reel 1350 drive shafts
    EVO Pro-Tek Skid Plate System
    PSC Extreme Duty Cylinder Steering Assist kit
    EVO Rear RockStops with King Air Bumps
    Nitto Trail Grapplers at 37x12.50x17

Not sure if this helps but here's a video Eddie did with Mel. I have absolutely no experience myself with bead locks, good luck man.

https://youtu.be/nVdoepZcljA
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Knows a Thing or Two Journeyman's Avatar
    I thought Eddie responded to someone stating the starter fluid trick is NOT for beadlocks.

Northern Illinois where there's no trails and the taxes will kill ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1911 View Post
    Try putting the wheel onto a 5 gallon bucket turned upside down with the bead that needs to be set on the bottom. I would think the weight of the tire would hold it down enough to set.

You may need a bigger compressor or some way of getting a large initial blast of air into the tire.

Hope that helps.
    This should work, it's how I mounted mine without any trouble.ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473092392.657008.jpg

Did you try using a little soapy water on the tire beads? That could help it get over the hump so to speak.

If that doesn't work by itself you can wrap a ratchet strap around the middle of the tire & tighten it down to help it spread out some.
    Last edited by Ddays; 09-05-2016 at 04:23 PM.

If you have help what I do is soak the back of the tire and stand the tire up and push the wheel in the tire while someone puts air in it. Done many of wheels this way and works great.
    Last edited by Grubbicon; 09-05-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Nothing but a Thing NevadaZielmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
    I thought Eddie responded to someone stating the starter fluid trick is NOT for beadlocks.
    You know what, you are right. He said not to use this method with beadlocks, my bad. Here is the link, post #6 :http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...G-it-with-FIRE!
    RubySky's Build:
    EVO Double Throw Down Front and Rear suspension with bypass system and EVO Lever
    EVO Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade
    Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle with Pro Steer Ball Joints, G2 35 Spline Placer Gold Axles, ProGrip Brakes
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 rear axle, full float with 5.38 gearing
    JE Reel 1350 drive shafts
    EVO Pro-Tek Skid Plate System
    PSC Extreme Duty Cylinder Steering Assist kit
    EVO Rear RockStops with King Air Bumps
    Nitto Trail Grapplers at 37x12.50x17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast