Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your Jeep tool kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenthejeepguy View Post
    Thanks I’ll study what you’ve got. This last summer I had to turn around 4 times for 18-24” trees down. Small ones I’ve been able to winch out of the way, or just go over if their on the ground. My regular Stihl is just too big for a camping/Jeeping trip.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    It's a Craftsman 46cc 18" . I only have one old picture of it in my Jeep but I still carry it in about the same way. By putting the case with saw blade toward the rear, a lot of stuff can still be stacked around it.

DSC02478.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Kenthejeepguy View Post
    Sorry if this has been talked about, but I think I want to start carrying a chainsaw with me, but they take up so much room. Anyone else carry one? Have you found one that’s easy to stow away?

I have a battery powered one from when I used to overland. Went on a trip that called for one, purchased it when I came home and haven't needed it since. Still new / unused if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    It's a Craftsman 46cc 18" . I only have one old picture of it in my Jeep but I still carry it in about the same way. By putting the case with saw blade toward the rear, a lot of stuff can still be stacked around it.

DSC02478.jpg
    Probably wouldn’t be as good as a chainsaw but you could get a Milwaukee sawzall tool only to match your other tool there and get some long wood blades. It would work for smaller trees too

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

That electric Stihl is interesting. It could help clear a decent sized tree of a trail with out keeping a gas smelling chainsaw inside the jeep with you. It wouldn’t help you clear the Mackenzie, but for and occasional tree, it might be a nice piece of kit to carry.
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Probably wouldn’t be as good as a chainsaw but you could get a Milwaukee sawzall tool only to match your other tool there and get some long wood blades. It would work for smaller trees too

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I actually have that setup already too, lol. Turns out this corded Milwaukee tool was just in there for a few days while I was helping a buddy. This thing just crapped out on me after about 10 years of hard use. I used it for cutting a ton of steel over the years. I'll definitely be getting another one. It's a great tool.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Maybe the Perfect tool bag for my Jeep

Howdy, I just bought myself a birthday present, the Yorktown tool roll bag from Atlas 46, a company based in Missouri. It looks great from the videos. I love the idea of small pouches to hold the different types of tools and the incorporated wrench roll bag.

Website is www.Atlas46.com the bag I like is here https://www.atlas46.com/products.htm...egory=14466133

Its not cheap but I thought some of you guys would appreciate the design and its "made in the greatest country in the world". Their words but I would agree. I have no affiliation with them but wanted to share. I have no experience with the company so I'll wait till it shows up to confirm. They could use a little of Eddies help with the editing and this bag is backordered but they are making a new batch.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Howdy, I just bought myself a birthday present, the Yorktown tool roll bag from Atlas 46, a company based in Missouri. It looks great from the videos. I love the idea of small pouches to hold the different types of tools and the incorporated wrench roll bag.

Website is www.Atlas46.com the bag I like is here https://www.atlas46.com/products.htm...egory=14466133
    Exodus Jeeps has these for sale for those that want to support a forum vendor.

Very cool, Exodus has really been adding a lot of products. I didn't think to look in "accessories".

Very cool, Exodus has really been adding a lot of products. I didn't think to look in "accessories".
    I knew because of an instagram post a while ago. And he texted me about them lol.

Its not cheap but I thought some of you guys would appreciate the design and its "made in the greatest country in the world". Their words but I would agree. I have no affiliation with them but wanted to share. I have no experience with the company so I'll wait till it shows up to confirm. They could use a little of Eddies help with the editing and this bag is backordered but they are making a new batch.

Cheers.
    Yep. We have 4 of them in stock if anyone’s interested. Yes they are pricy but extremely well made.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast