Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

So.... the wheel studs are 2 on one side, and 1 on the other? Any way to get 1 up, 2 down or vice versa? My AEV 3rd brake light will work with either of those orientations, but not sideways....
    2015 JKU Rubicon

It's (2) on top, (1) on the bottom that's off to the right side. The (2) studs on top end up being the (2) that are longer apart from each other as oppose an upside down triangle....if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jkruiser View Post
    ....if that makes any sense.
    Nope.

So this won't work, will it?

027-jeep-jk-aev-american-expedition-vehicles-rear-tire-carrier-water-tank-system.jpg
    2015 JKU Rubicon

Nope! I had different type and had to drill it out.

I took the plunge and ordered it up. I'm also going to relocate the license plate to the center of the tire and try out the ACE hammer town rear fascia since no body else has it yet. I'll report back with pics when I install it.

According to my math, I should get about 90 pounds off the back of my jeep. The ACE bumper/carrier is 160 pounds. The EVO carrier is 45, ACE fascia and d-rings are 26, plus the factory hitch and plate relocation bracket.
    2015 JKU Rubicon

It showed up today. 2 trash bags of green peanuts later and some shop vac work, I got it extracted from the box. Sneaky EVO likes to put empty cardboard boxes in there all taped up. I opened them all just to make sure I wasn't throwing away any hardware or stickers. The tire mount was riding on the top corner of the carrier, so it gouged the metal pretty good. I had to hit it with texture black spray paint. The great news is the lugs are now 1 up, 2 down, so my AEV 3rd brake light will work. Now I need to change tactics on the license plate bracket- I have ACE on order because it has a 3rd brake like on it, but now I don't need that. Hmmm....

2015 JKU Rubicon

Knows a Thing or Two boardsurfer's Avatar
    Love those EVO peanuts! There are still plenty of them in my basement.

Bummer about the scuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudmobeeler View Post
    Rare doesn't make it desirable. It's rare that I shit my pants, but when I do it's usually not desirable. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    It showed up today. 2 trash bags of green peanuts later and some shop vac work, I got it extracted from the box. Sneaky EVO likes to put empty cardboard boxes in there all taped up. I opened them all just to make sure I wasn't throwing away any hardware or stickers. The tire mount was riding on the top corner of the carrier, so it gouged the metal pretty good. I had to hit it with texture black spray paint. The great news is the lugs are now 1 up, 2 down, so my AEV 3rd brake light will work. Now I need to change tactics on the license plate bracket- I have ACE on order because it has a 3rd brake like on it, but now I don't need that. Hmmm....

Great to hear about the studs, 1 up/2 down. Sucks about the scuffs. Keep us updated on the install.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Am I the only one who gets upset about improper packaging causing damage? If I pay extra for powder coat, I expect it to come in free of damage...

Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    Love those EVO peanuts! There are still plenty of them in my basement.

Bummer about the scuffs.
    Haha when I got my stinger the box was filled with these infamous peanuts I thought I got them all out before I installed it however I have found quite a few still dropping to the bottom after a good drive...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast