Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    It was holding the tire just fine, just don’t drag ass!

Attachment 282761

This happened this past weekend while coming off of a ledge. The damage was isolated to brackets holding the tire, no damage transferred to the tailgate!

Attachment 282762

Attachment 282763

Attachment 282764

I️ have replacement parts on the way!
    Here you go mybadjk. You can see where it bent
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Fresh Catch

clunk noise at my gate....

Hey guys... first of all thanks for all the info you have here,
    i just installed my tire carrier, i changed the gate stopper hinge as the instruction said, but now i have a very bad clunk noise every time the stopper "gets in or out" the stop...

i read that only with some minor changes in the bolts could be fixed, but is still the same... Do you have any tip to make it disappear???
    here you can se what im talking about , just mine stills with the noise...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10W_rgk3QN8

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sanham View Post
    i just installed my tire carrier, i changed the gate stopper hinge as the instruction said, but now i have a very bad clunk noise every time the stopper "gets in or out" the stop...

i read that only with some minor changes in the bolts could be fixed, but is still the same... Do you have any tip to make it disappear???

I left the stock arm in there. The instructions said that the arm provided with the kit was optional (I think) so I just left it alone.

Maybe go back to the original arm? Maybe the bolts are too tight and stripped in the tailgate?

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    I left the stock arm in there. The instructions said that the arm provided with the kit was optional (I think) so I just left it alone.

Maybe go back to the original arm? Maybe the bolts are too tight and stripped in the tailgate?
    Ill try to go back to original......

tell you later how it goes...!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sanham View Post

Looks like those two bolts connected to that hindge are loose. Mine does the same until I tightened them up.

Fresh Catch

solved.....

Results that if the bolt diameter is not exactly the same than the inner diameter from the door arm, so it will make noise every time you full open and close the rear gate. as the same if the small hinge bolts are loose.

so, step one make sure that the bolts are very tight, step two made a head shaft who can be locker with a truac lock and voila.... the noise is gone off course the hinge holes and the door arm holes are the same diameter and the shaft is little bit tight in them... so there is no space for movement here are some pics..
    IMG_5608.jpgIMG_9471.jpgIMG_6061.jpgFullSizeRender 7.jpg

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    Ah, good to know! Thanks for following up.

Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    It was holding the tire just fine, just don’t drag ass!

Attachment 282761

This happened this past weekend while coming off of a ledge. The damage was isolated to brackets holding the tire, no damage transferred to the tailgate!

I️ have replacement parts on the way!
    Did the tailgate bend?

His build thread said only the 2 metal brackets to the carrier bent. Tailgate was fine, he also said if the hardtop was on the window would’ve been busted.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by aTX427 View Post
    Did the tailgate bend?
    No, it held great, i have the tire back on there already, I’m thinking of getting a hitch skid to try to prevent this from happening again. It cost $130 to replace both brackets.

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4608.jpg

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast