Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evo high clearance long arms

Evo high clearance long arms

Can you use the evo long arms high clearance with an AEV 3.5" lift?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JK12 View Post
    Can you use the evo long arms high clearance with an AEV 3.5" lift?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here but, the EVO long arm kit would require you to cut off all the factory control arm mounts and install new ones more toward the center of the frame rails. An AEV kit uses drop down brackets that bolt up to your factory control arm mounts so that you can still use your factory arms. They're entirely different kits and aside from the coils and shocks, not much else can be used from what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here but, the EVO long arm kit would require you to cut off all the factory control arm mounts and install new ones more toward the center of the frame rails. An AEV kit uses drop down brackets that bolt up to your factory control arm mounts so that you can still use your factory arms. They're entirely different kits and aside from the coils and shocks, not much else can be used from what you have.
    Sorry i wasnt specific. Im wondering if you can install the EVO High Clearance long arm instead of using factory arms and brackets. Isnt the High Clearance only the above frame brackets and the long arms? I have the AEV kit and i want to have long arms and im getting 37's and need the adjustable arms to move the rear axle back.

I think what your after are just longer adjustable control arms and that is different then what you are looking at on the EVO site.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    The ANIMAL Build Thread

2012 JKUR 6 spd Manual; 5.13 gears; 4:1, CRUSH

Done so far: Pro Comp 17x9 wheels, 37" NITTO Trail Grapplers, EVO Enforcer 4" Lift, 2.5 Spec. King Shocks/Compression Adjusters, 5.13 Gears, RR Aluminum Billet Hood Latches, Truck-Lite LED Headlights, Rigid Dually LEDs, Cobra 75 CB, Wild Boar Roof Rack, Tom Woods 1310 Front Drive shaft

Sorry i wasnt specific. Im wondering if you can install the EVO High Clearance long arm instead of using factory arms and brackets. Isnt the High Clearance only the above frame brackets and the long arms? I have the AEV kit and i want to have long arms and im getting 37's and need the adjustable arms to move the rear axle back.
    Ah, okay. What I can tell you is this. Up front, the only real difference between the EVO Double D kit and high clearance kit is that the rear brackets will be situated above the base of the frame rails. However, you can only run these if you are running coil overs. The good news is that you can get the Double D now and, if you ever decide to upgrade to coil overs in the future, they will give you high clearnace rear mounts for free.

High clearance long arms can only be used with EvoLever rear suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Ah, okay. What I can tell you is this. Up front, the only real difference between the EVO Double D kit and high clearance kit is that the rear brackets will be situated above the base of the frame rails. However, you can only run these if you are running coil overs. The good news is that you can get the Double D now and, if you ever decide to upgrade to coil overs in the future, they will give you high clearnace rear mounts for free.
    So i should have just saved more for the Double D instead of the AEV? I do plan on DTD when the money comes around. Would you suggest replacing AEV with the Double D kit from EVO? or could i get Tera flex long arms and brackets? but with teraflex could i still get the true 14" of travel? once i upgrade to DTD

I bet everyone on this site would vote for the double throw down. Including me.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Is there anyway Off Road Evolution could just get me the long arms and bracket from the Double D bolt on kit? And if they could would the work with the coils and stuff from my AEV kit?

Been Around the Block BrandonDetrick's Avatar

So i should have just saved more for the Double D instead of the AEV? I do plan on DTD when the money comes around. Would you suggest replacing AEV with the Double D kit from EVO? or could i get Tera flex long arms and brackets? but with teraflex could i still get the true 14" of travel? once i upgrade to DTD
    TF bushings will fail with the amount of flex of a coilover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast