Evo high clearance long arms

JK12

Can you use the evo long arms high clearance with an AEV 3.5" lift?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can you use the evo long arms high clearance with an AEV 3.5" lift?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here but, the EVO long arm kit would require you to cut off all the factory control arm mounts and install new ones more toward the center of the frame rails. An AEV kit uses drop down brackets that bolt up to your factory control arm mounts so that you can still use your factory arms. They're entirely different kits and aside from the coils and shocks, not much else can be used from what you have.

JK12

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here but, the EVO long arm kit would require you to cut off all the factory control arm mounts and install new ones more toward the center of the frame rails. An AEV kit uses drop down brackets that bolt up to your factory control arm mounts so that you can still use your factory arms. They're entirely different kits and aside from the coils and shocks, not much else can be used from what you have.

Sorry i wasnt specific. Im wondering if you can install the EVO High Clearance long arm instead of using factory arms and brackets. Isnt the High Clearance only the above frame brackets and the long arms? I have the AEV kit and i want to have long arms and im getting 37's and need the adjustable arms to move the rear axle back.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I think what your after are just longer adjustable control arms and that is different then what you are looking at on the EVO site.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry i wasnt specific. Im wondering if you can install the EVO High Clearance long arm instead of using factory arms and brackets. Isnt the High Clearance only the above frame brackets and the long arms? I have the AEV kit and i want to have long arms and im getting 37's and need the adjustable arms to move the rear axle back.

Ah, okay. What I can tell you is this. Up front, the only real difference between the EVO Double D kit and high clearance kit is that the rear brackets will be situated above the base of the frame rails. However, you can only run these if you are running coil overs. The good news is that you can get the Double D now and, if you ever decide to upgrade to coil overs in the future, they will give you high clearnace rear mounts for free. :yup:

JK12

Ah, okay. What I can tell you is this. Up front, the only real difference between the EVO Double D kit and high clearance kit is that the rear brackets will be situated above the base of the frame rails. However, you can only run these if you are running coil overs. The good news is that you can get the Double D now and, if you ever decide to upgrade to coil overs in the future, they will give you high clearnace rear mounts for free. :yup:

So i should have just saved more for the Double D instead of the AEV? I do plan on DTD when the money comes around. Would you suggest replacing AEV with the Double D kit from EVO? or could i get Tera flex long arms and brackets? but with teraflex could i still get the true 14" of travel? once i upgrade to DTD

JK12

Is there anyway Off Road Evolution could just get me the long arms and bracket from the Double D bolt on kit? And if they could would the work with the coils and stuff from my AEV kit?

BrandonDetrick

So i should have just saved more for the Double D instead of the AEV? I do plan on DTD when the money comes around. Would you suggest replacing AEV with the Double D kit from EVO? or could i get Tera flex long arms and brackets? but with teraflex could i still get the true 14" of travel? once i upgrade to DTD

TF bushings will fail with the amount of flex of a coilover.

pa4567

Is there anyway Off Road Evolution could just get me the long arms and bracket from the Double D bolt on kit? And if they could would the work with the coils and stuff from my AEV kit?

Yes it is what I'm planning as suggested by evo. You're looking at a DoubleD long arm upgrade (arms and bracket only). This is the same price as high clearance kit. At least that was evo says to me :)

I can't weld any suspension bracket to remains street legal and the DoubleD long arm upgrade with bolt-on coilover is the best i can get to remains legal.

The DoubleD long arm upgrade (arms and bracket only) must be ordered by email or phone. It is not for sale on evo website.

I would say the kit is easily upgradable to high clearance in the future... but to be sure you should check with evo :)

Edit : Seems you can now order it directly on offroad evolution website.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JK12

Yes it is what I'm planning as suggested by evo. You're looking at a DoubleD long arm upgrade (arms and bracket only). This is the same price as high clearance kit. At least that was evo says to me :)

I can't weld any suspension bracket to remains street legal and the DoubleD long arm upgrade with bolt-on coilover is the best i can get to remains legal.

The DoubleD long arm upgrade (arms and bracket only) must be ordered by email or phone. It is not for sale on evo website.

I would say the kit is easily upgradable to high clearance in the future... but to be sure you should check with evo :)

Edit : Seems you can now order it directly on offroad evolution website.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok. Thanks guys! That's what I was looking for I was confused about that.

Top Bottom