Trainwreck's Build

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I should have started a build thread years ago, crap, I should have joined years ago.. I was a long time lurker until a year ago when I decided to join Wayalife. I purchased a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara at the end of 2012, and have spent the past few years getting to know this thing inside and out. Well, now its time for some much needed upgrades and figured I should start a thread to post up any questions or thoughts I had concerning this build. To start, here is a photo of my jeep shortly after purchasing it. DSC00425.jpg

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
So the plans are new suspension, axles, and tires. I am almost ready, just getting my new daily driver ironed out. Here is a more updated photo from earlier in the year at Moonlight Racing in Southern,Mo. sidecreek.jpg

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Ok, I am getting ready dive into this build. I haven't ordered everything yet, but plan to within the next month and was curious if there is anything else I should look at while I'm doing things. Here's the list

EVO MFG Double D Pro
Dynatrac Pro Rock 44 Unlimited
-ARB,ProSteer,5.13
Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 Rear
-Arb,semi float,5.13
Dynatrac ProGrips
JE Reel 1350 drive shafts

Not sure how long it will take me to get this all put together, I plan on tearing out the Rock Krawler lift and axles and going through the whole jeep to take care of any rust that has developed over the years. As much as I want to hurry up and complete this I know if I just slow down and take care of a few things along the way I will have an awesome end result. Firsts things first I need to order this crap and get my Jeep torn apart, I have a slew of packages brown santa has dropped off already and its making me anxious to get started. Hopefully by the end of next month i'll be on jack stands..

GraniteCrystal

Keeping same tire size?
Will you need to trim fenders?
Got any skids or some underbelly protection?
What do you have in the way of recovery gear?
Other goodies to consider: headlights and on board air

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Keeping same tire size?
Will you need to trim fenders?
Got any skids or some underbelly protection?
What do you have in the way of recovery gear?
Other goodies to consider: headlights and on board air

I have 35" Trail Grapplers now, and I decided to keep these till they wear down and then upgrade to 37's.
I will need to trim the fenders.. not sure how I have made it this long fender.jpg

I already have Evo's Protek skid system underneath, a Warn 10s, snatch blocks, recovery ropes, tools, jacks, and on board air is already wired up and ready for arb lockers. I would like to get new headlights, but for now the stock ones will work

mojave5

I have 35" Trail Grapplers now, and I decided to keep these till they wear down and then upgrade to 37's.
I will need to trim the fenders.. not sure how I have made it this long View attachment 223690

I already have Evo's Protek skid system underneath, a Warn 10s, snatch blocks, recovery ropes, tools, jacks, and on board air is already wired up and ready for arb lockers. I would like to get new headlights, but for now the stock ones will work

Trimmed painted fenders look badass in my opinion. Can't go wrong with a black jeep! :2thumbsup:

GraniteCrystal

I will need to trim the fenders.. not sure how I have made it this long View attachment 223690

Awesome. List looks good to me. From what I hear, that's an awesome lift. This thing should be pretty darn capable.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Would anyone advise upgrading the transmission crossmember at this time? There is nothing wrong with mine, and I have a skid. I thought I remember reading through someone's install saying it would be good idea

COLOJK

I have zero experience in this department but from what I've seen on here a lot of members suggest not wasting money on a semi float and going full float but I could be wrong. I just thought I've read that a few times on WAL. Should be a sweet build, congrats!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I have zero experience in this department but from what I've seen on here a lot of members suggest not wasting money on a semi float and going full float but I could be wrong. I just thought I've read that a few times on WAL. Should be a sweet build, congrats!

I agree a full float would be the best option, but not completely necessary. After weighing my options and multiple conversations with Dynatrac, this is the combination that made the most sense. I will be sticking with 37" tires max, and I feel this setup should be very capable.

Top Bottom