Negative pressure when i turn the air up.

mojave5

So i've been noticing a negative pressure inside the car when i turn on the air, especially turning it up to higher settings. It's noticeable and even makes your ears pop.

Today i had my car on trying to figure it out and when i open the door it makes a pop also like a pressure release.

Anyone have any ideas or do i just take it in?

Jackal01

So i've been noticing a negative pressure inside the car when i turn on the air, especially turning it up to higher settings. It's noticeable and even makes your ears pop.

Today i had my car on trying to figure it out and when i open the door it makes a pop also like a pressure release.

Anyone have any ideas or do i just take it in?

What model car is it?

Ddays

Hooked
Did you happen to block the rear vents on the tailgate with a tramp stamp or something?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Did you happen to block the rear vents on the tailgate with a tramp stamp or something?

This^^ if those vents are blocked then the pressure will not release. Also if those vents on the inside of the tailgate are blocked then that will cause the same thing to happen

mojave5

This^^ if those vents are blocked then the pressure will not release. Also if those vents on the inside of the tailgate are blocked then that will cause the same thing to happen

Thanks Ddays and Coz, you guys are awesome. Now just gotta figure out a solution.

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah I'm going to try opening a drain plug first to seem if that solves it. If not then maybe drilling some new holes:yawn37:

LOL - Nice when its an easy fix, 'aint it? There are a lot of those tramp stamps out there with vents in them if you don't want to drill

christov11

what about drilling a smaller hole facing up.....

sortof like...

direction of hole / -------- |(plate)------------- jeeep facing ->

see what I mean?

I would want to try and get some paint in there to avoid rust but im sure you can get an angle going for the hole given the plate being thick enough.

plus ide rather have the chance of rust in that plate than in the body.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

sortof like...

see what I mean?

I would want to try and get some paint in there to avoid rust but im sure you can get an angle going for the hole given the plate being thick enough.

Is that what you meant?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473280888.445544.jpg

GraniteCrystal

sortof like...

see what I mean?

Ha, this is an awesome schematic.

mojave5

LOL - Nice when its an easy fix, 'aint it? There are a lot of those tramp stamps out there with vents in them if you don't want to drill

I would just change the tramp stamp but it's part of the tire carrier unfortunately.

tr5.jpg

Top Bottom