Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ob_tj's transformation of the green lantern

The dana 30 in your tj wont take any lower gear than the 4.88. Maby time for a pro rock 44.

Quote Originally Posted by YKRUBICON View Post
    The dana 30 in your tj wont take any lower gear than the 4.88. Maby time for a pro rock 44.
    Are you saying that you physically can't do it or you shouldn't? Because you can buy 5.13s for a tj Dana 30. And It would be awesome to put a PR 44 in but it's just not in the cards for this rig.

Quote Originally Posted by ob_tj View Post
    Are you saying that you physically can't do it or you shouldn't? Because you can buy 5.13s for a tj Dana 30. And It would be awesome to put a PR 44 in but it's just not in the cards for this rig.
    Holy s*it. I just saw that. I thought it was only available for the jk. When i purchaced gears for my yj a couple of years ago 4.88 was the lowest i could get. Man i wonder how small that pinion is?

Holy s*it. I just saw that. I thought it was only available for the jk. When i purchaced gears for my yj a couple of years ago 4.88 was the lowest i could get. Man i wonder how small that pinion is?
    mYKP0a8F4Fu2sw7f3MU3adg.jpg.......

So what your saying is no skinny pedal on big obstacles?? lol I'm probably going to bite the bullet and just go with 5.13s.
    LOL!! That and make sure to keep your front open. Back when I was running 37's on my TJ, I was doing it with 4.88's in my Dana 30 and it held up well for me but it could suck to drive as it had no power.

Yup most of the major gear companies are selling them now!
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! That and make sure to keep your front open. Back when I was running 37's on my TJ, I was doing it with 4.88's in my Dana 30 and it held up well for me but it could suck to drive as it had no power.
    I would never lock a Dana 30! I just hope I get a couple of good wheeling trips with it before it decides to let go!

I would never lock a Dana 30! I just hope I get a couple of good wheeling trips with it before it decides to let go!
    We'll have to give it a test run up on Slick Rock when the snow melts. The Jeep is coming along nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_RCW View Post
    We'll have to give it a test run up on Slick Rock when the snow melts. The Jeep is coming along nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Oh yeah! I'd be happy if it got me through the rubicon, slick rock and Barrett lake this summer!

LOL!! I locked mine up with an ARB. Granted, I used it very sparingly.

Ob_tj's transformation of the green lantern

Little late here, but I have 5.13 gears on my 37s and I'm very glad I didn't go with 4.88. Plenty of pep in the low end and getting on the highway. Getting 16mpg mixed highway and city driving during the week. Mostly highway though.

Love the green by the way. Jeep looks great.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast