Canadian retailers

max380

Hi guys,

Not too sure if this is the best place to post it, if not then sorry (Canadian habit of being sorry :clap2::blush:).

I am looking for a great Canadian retailer of Jeep parts with prices that are accurate. Here in Quebec City we have Gr Suspension but they are a bit pricey (not on everything) ... They have excellent service so I try to go see them once in a while and their body & paint shop department is amazing.

The thing is that I like to order online. Amazon.ca sure has some things, but not that much.

I ordered the Justjeeps.com catalog an they have quite everything that you can imagine, but I find their website a bit difficult to use and search for parts with the catalog.

Any ideas ? With low shipping if possible :brows:

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Try doing a search for shops near Ottawa. All our shops are over priced compared to the prices they get stuff at in the US

.......not just an Ottawa phenomenon......I have ordered some stuff from Morris 4x4 out of Florida, All things Jeep, and Northridge 4x4 in Calgary........only time I scored a decent deal with pricing almost bang on to US was when I bought my AEV bumpers, tire carrier and a Warn 9.5 Cti winch from of all places my dealership.....had a quote in email and when I walked in to order found the prices posted much lower....got them at the lower posted price and watched the parts manager grill one of his employees about forgetting to adjust the posted prices........posters removed on the spot and new ones printed up before I left.

Big Bad Wolf

I too have had serious issues getting quality Jeep parts, I live in NL.

For example, Dynatrac 60/80 axle assemblies..As for other brands the freight costs are insane.

There are three major stores in Canada that I can think of, Northridge, Justjeeps and 4wheelparts. I have ordered from all of these with no issue.

In the past I have ordered straight from US venders and all went well. Just make sure to add around 15-20% to the total in custom fees. Also make sure you know the prices you see are in US dollars.. You think your getting a bargain and the exchange rate bites you.

christov11

Well first off, what are you looking for? In Mtl I'm going with GR and 4WP ! Both have club discounts which aren't much but with a good order, it adds up. Still not close to the US prices but will get you by. I've asked GR about custom stuff like sliders and such and the time they would charge to design would outweigh the cost of something like frog fab which has been proven on the trails we see in QC. Hit me up with a PM and I'll send you my build list I got quoted from GR. It'll give you an idea at least and for all that I want done it would be less than 3k$ in parts. Then the rest is either up to you to install yourself and learn or get some buddy to help out, and you've got a buddy in me :p

Nick Zambo

Thanks guys! Will take a look

Is it true that in Quebec you need to pull permits to build your jeep? I was told that the province had to approve the build before you did it and that it had to be inspected afterward? I was also told that the police will actually pull you over and measure to make sure you are within the legal limits?

Big Bad Wolf

Well first off, what are you looking for? In Mtl I'm going with GR and 4WP ! Both have club discounts which aren't much but with a good order, it adds up. Still not close to the US prices but will get you by. I've asked GR about custom stuff like sliders and such and the time they would charge to design would outweigh the cost of something like frog fab which has been proven on the trails we see in QC. Hit me up with a PM and I'll send you my build list I got quoted from GR. It'll give you an idea at least and for all that I want done it would be less than 3k$ in parts. Then the rest is either up to you to install yourself and learn or get some buddy to help out, and you've got a buddy in me :p

I was wondering how you become a member of the clubs you mentioned ? Any discount is better than none, I agree!

max380

Is it true that in Quebec you need to pull permits to build your jeep? I was told that the province had to approve the build before you did it and that it had to be inspected afterward? I was also told that the police will actually pull you over and measure to make sure you are within the legal limits?

As far as I know, you don't need any permit to build / modify your Jeep.

If you build your Jeep from scratch, then you will need to apply to obtain a VIN for your Jeep and send proofs that your car can be stable and safe on a normal road. Otherwise, modifications are not subjects to any permit but it is true that in Quebec, police will often pull you over to verify if your car is within the limits of the regulation. If you get pulled over and the police decides that you car seems unfit for the road, then you might need to go in for inspection. Note also that the law only prohibits low suspensions in inches (it was modified to prohibit dropped Volkswagen cars!) but also prohibits that a car has its frame too distant from the tires (6 inches I guess) so there is no real problem with modified Jeeps.

The real problem in Quebec is when you have a sports car (Mustang, BRZ, Subaru, Lancer...) that has a modified exhaust and a lowered suspension. The police will pull you over for sure. Jeeps owners are safer than those :rock:

The law says that any modified vehicle should be verified during a mechanical inspection but in reality nobody does it simply because the law specifies that if you modify your car in a way that could affect its stability then you need to get it inspected... You can understand that everybody thinks that even after modifications a car is still stable!

You also have to get your inspected when you want a used car of a selected year determined by the government. That's what happened to mine but only because the used car seller I bought it from didn't want to sell me a car that would be pulled over by the police because it was modified.

Finally, for our French readers (I know that there are some...) you can check that brochure https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/d...vehicules-modifies-fabrication-artisanale.pdf

Big Bad Wolf

Interesting stuff.

Now I feel lucky. In NL once you have a car inspected you are done for life. Good for myself but sketchy with so many people driving around with falling apart vehicles.

Desertman

So lucky. Here no exhaust modification,no cold air intake and no metal bumpers unless you have a winch and assist in recovery for the government approved motor sports club.

ZeMax

Had good luck with specials on northridge 4x4.ca, MNC performance in St-Alexis des monts, Amazon.ca

Best bang for the buck is to buy in the US (even with the exchange rate) have it dropped to a shipping hub and install everything in the parking lot.

I usually try and time it with a camping trip or when I go surfing in Hampton beach. Surfing in the day and wrenchin` in the afternoon is super Manly. Chicks love it :brows:

Top Bottom