Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 613

Thread: Building Clutch's Battle Station

  1. #11
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    28,732
    Great pics and build. Chances are you hit the stabilizer and bent it. They don't usually leak , especially from a lift kit.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES



    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

  2. #12
    Old Timer Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    STL metro
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Great pics and build. Chances are you hit the stabilizer and bent it. They don't usually leak , especially from a lift kit.
    I think you hit the nail on the head, there is a slight dent on the bottom. I think at one point when I was lifting in on the hydraulic jack, it slipped off and hit a jack stand. Hopefully that will be a simple fix. Unfortunately, I'm fighting a few other gremlins with the handling. I may need some adjustable front lca's due to getting over 3" of lift. I'm going to call a shop tomorrow, cause I'm tired!

  3. #13
    Old Timer TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    East of St. Louis
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch1981 View Post
    Thanks, there is a little bit of that pucker factor, but overall it was pretty easy. Happy to help, if you need any, when you decide to pull the trigger on a set.
    Thanks, I might take you up on that.

  4. #14
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    28,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch1981 View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head, there is a slight dent on the bottom. I think at one point when I was lifting in on the hydraulic jack, it slipped off and hit a jack stand. Hopefully that will be a simple fix. Unfortunately, I'm fighting a few other gremlins with the handling. I may need some adjustable front lca's due to getting over 3" of lift. I'm going to call a shop tomorrow, cause I'm tired!
    Don't let it bother you too much. A lot of guys take it off and don't even run one.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES



    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

  5. #15
    Old Timer Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    STL metro
    Posts
    2,734
    Well, since my handling has been pretty poor with the 2" evo coils, I decided to go back and try 2" spacers and see if that fixes my issues. With the coils I managed nearly 3.5"of lift. I should have that knocked out tomorrow evening or the next. I had a wild experience with hitting a bump while going around a curve and had some big time steering wheel shimmy.
    Last edited by Clutch; 09-13-2016 at 02:10 AM.

  6. #16
    Nothing but a Thing Stotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,450
    Looks like it's coming along! Good call on the oil pan skid Hope you get all the kinks worked out. You ought to just leave the plush rides in and get a heavier bumper to compensate for the extra lift

  7. #17
    Old Timer Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    STL metro
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Stotch View Post
    Looks like it's coming along! Good call on the oil pan skid Hope you get all the kinks worked out. You ought to just leave the plush rides in and get a heavier bumper to compensate for the extra lift
    Ha-ha, that is solid advice, but the pockets are only so deep. My priority now is to get the geometry back and bigger tires. If the front starts sagging, those coils will go back in..if not I'll try to sell them.

    Yea, the oil pan skid is a must!

  8. #18
    Nothing but a Thing Stotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch1981 View Post
    Ha-ha, that is solid advice, but the pockets are only so deep. My priority now is to get the geometry back and bigger tires. If the front starts sagging, those coils will go back in..if not I'll try to sell them.

    Yea, the oil pan skid is a must!
    Let me know if you decide to sell. I'd buy them for the right price

  9. #19
    Old Timer Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    STL metro
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Stotch View Post
    Let me know if you decide to sell. I'd buy them for the right price
    Sure, I'll keep you posted!

  10. #20
    Old Timer Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    STL metro
    Posts
    2,734
    Well, I ended up selling my 2" evo coils to Stotch and adding a 2" spacer instead because I have no plans for a heavy front bumper. While doing the lift I ended up having 2 occasions of death wobble. I tried to troubleshoot a bit, but was worn down and ended up taking it into the shop. Turned out it was just a semi- loose track bar at the axle side. Rookie mistake!
    Last edited by Clutch; 10-09-2016 at 03:44 AM.

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS