Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Building Clutch's Battle Station

Great pics and build. Chances are you hit the stabilizer and bent it. They don't usually leak , especially from a lift kit.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Great pics and build. Chances are you hit the stabilizer and bent it. They don't usually leak , especially from a lift kit.
    I think you hit the nail on the head, there is a slight dent on the bottom. I think at one point when I was lifting in on the hydraulic jack, it slipped off and hit a jack stand. Hopefully that will be a simple fix. Unfortunately, I'm fighting a few other gremlins with the handling. I may need some adjustable front lca's due to getting over 3" of lift. I'm going to call a shop tomorrow, cause I'm tired!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch1981 View Post
    Thanks, there is a little bit of that pucker factor, but overall it was pretty easy. Happy to help, if you need any, when you decide to pull the trigger on a set.
    Thanks, I might take you up on that.

I think you hit the nail on the head, there is a slight dent on the bottom. I think at one point when I was lifting in on the hydraulic jack, it slipped off and hit a jack stand. Hopefully that will be a simple fix. Unfortunately, I'm fighting a few other gremlins with the handling. I may need some adjustable front lca's due to getting over 3" of lift. I'm going to call a shop tomorrow, cause I'm tired!
    Don't let it bother you too much. A lot of guys take it off and don't even run one.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Well, since my handling has been pretty poor with the 2" evo coils, I decided to go back and try 2" spacers and see if that fixes my issues. With the coils I managed nearly 3.5"of lift. I should have that knocked out tomorrow evening or the next. I had a wild experience with hitting a bump while going around a curve and had some big time steering wheel shimmy.
    Last edited by Clutch; 09-13-2016 at 02:10 AM.

Looks like it's coming along! Good call on the oil pan skid Hope you get all the kinks worked out. You ought to just leave the plush rides in and get a heavier bumper to compensate for the extra lift

Quote Originally Posted by Stotch View Post
    Looks like it's coming along! Good call on the oil pan skid Hope you get all the kinks worked out. You ought to just leave the plush rides in and get a heavier bumper to compensate for the extra lift
    Ha-ha, that is solid advice, but the pockets are only so deep. My priority now is to get the geometry back and bigger tires. If the front starts sagging, those coils will go back in..if not I'll try to sell them.

Yea, the oil pan skid is a must!

Ha-ha, that is solid advice, but the pockets are only so deep. My priority now is to get the geometry back and bigger tires. If the front starts sagging, those coils will go back in..if not I'll try to sell them.

Yea, the oil pan skid is a must!
    Let me know if you decide to sell. I'd buy them for the right price

Quote Originally Posted by Stotch View Post
    Let me know if you decide to sell. I'd buy them for the right price
    Sure, I'll keep you posted!

Well, I ended up selling my 2" evo coils to Stotch and adding a 2" spacer instead because I have no plans for a heavy front bumper. While doing the lift I ended up having 2 occasions of death wobble. I tried to troubleshoot a bit, but was worn down and ended up taking it into the shop. Turned out it was just a semi- loose track bar at the axle side. Rookie mistake!
    Last edited by Clutch; 10-09-2016 at 03:44 AM.

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast