71 Corvette Stingray

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So my wife's dad gave her his 71 corvette. He's getting older and realized if someone doesn't start working on it, it'll never see the road again.

Her dad bought this car in the late 70's and was the second owner. It was parked in a barn in Ohio in the early 90's, coated with wax and shut off.

So we picked it up a couple weeks ago in Ohio and I hauled it 2,000 miles plus back to the land of the fruits and nuts.

It's mostly all original, few chips, cracks in the fiberglass, but it looks like a show car next to the FC. Anyways here's a couple shots. It's not a jeep build, but I can't imagine how bad a corvette forum is. JK owners are bad enough [emoji15]

My goal is to get it driving and have her dad come out to drive it next spring..
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473637849.697304.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473637887.897441.jpg
Groom Texas, fucking wierdos in this town..
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473638022.164576.jpg

AZ Route 66 for the night

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473638107.590339.jpg

Been here before in our JK

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473638155.798673.jpg
Finally in CA

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473638215.274462.jpg

And home in 2 days from Ohio !
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473638288.605037.jpg

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what all it takes to get it back on the road. Thanks for posting.

AZMikeD

Me too! But I love original classic, no restore on this one either. It can stay original.

Looks to be in fantastic original condition. I'm with you, I'd just get it running and drive it.

This will be a fun project. I'm a bit envious. Good luck with it and I look forward to updates!

A.J.

Had a hand in rebuilding one a few years ago. It was a drug seizure vehicle that was pretty much a basket case. The local pd fixed it up for the street drags. It was in much worse shape than yours so it got pretty much gutted, rebuilt , painted and turned into a street/strip car with lights on top. Should be a fun project! Also fwiw you might find the corvette forums pretty helpful. Lot of knowledge out there.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Had a hand in rebuilding one a few years ago. It was a drug seizure vehicle that was pretty much a basket case. The local pd fixed it up for the street drags. It was in much worse shape than yours so it got pretty much gutted, rebuilt , painted and turned into a street/strip car with lights on top. Should be a fun project! Also fwiw you might find the corvette forums pretty helpful. Lot of knowledge out there.

Oh I've been lurking, it was more of a rip on jk guys. Lol!

Azzi

That's a great "gift"!! I love your idea of leaving just the way it is. Get it in reliable driving shape and have a blast with it. I will say older Vettes are a different car to drive with the front end being so long they take a little getting used to. HAVE FUN!!

BamBamDeer

That is a Slick Body Style. A Buddy of mine had a Silver one just like it when we were in High School. Seeing your pics sure brings back memories. That will make a Sweet Ride!

DannyD

That looks like fun!! I bet it will be one hell of a badass feeling to drive around thanks for sharing

RockyJk

You got a couple projects now, you should let me take over the JK [emoji16] lol car looks good! I'm going to have to come check it out soon [emoji106]

Top Bottom