Wave #1 from So Cal

Eugene

I return to the Jeep world after having owned an XJ a couple decades ago. Despite my status as a previous Jeep owner, though, it wasn't the right Jeep. The dealership would only sell me a practice Wrangler:

AlmostAJeep_zpsdbuuwyui.jpg

It's not a Rubicon so I've almost certainly voided my warranty by driving it in the dirt. Hopefully, the dealership staff doesn't visit this forum. If it becomes an issue, I'll consider swapping the picture to one of my JKUS showing its suspension flex with one tire perched atop a concrete parking stop in the grocery store parking lot.

While I've never done the "new user post" thing in the past, this forum has to be one of the most informative and organized car-centric forums I've visited. So, this post is more "Thanks for the forum," than "Howdy, I'm new." Just the JK FAQ and "Know Your Coolants" threads alone are worth the price of admission. Reading further, I've changed my thinking a couple times based on some very informative threads. It's probably a good thing my list of mods so far consists of only a blue Maglite Mini and a WeatherTech cargo mat. Who knows what expensive mistakes a novice Jeeper might make without all this information at their fingertips? (There's a thread for that, too.)

From my reading so far, I estimate that I'm one of seven members of this forum who are not ASE-certified master technicians. If you ever see a build thread with my username attached, feel free to pass it over unless you're looking for a riveting account of installing a Spiderwebshade or roll bar grab handles. The kind with Velcro.

My introduction is thus complete. Merry Jeepin' to all, and to all a good night.

dillard09

Welcome to the family from Redondo Beach. Great intro and I can't wait to read about your installs. Should be intereating!

Napalm

I return to the Jeep world after having owned an XJ a couple decades ago. Despite my status as a previous Jeep owner, though, it wasn't the right Jeep. The dealership would only sell me a practice Wrangler:

AlmostAJeep_zpsdbuuwyui.jpg

It's not a Rubicon so I've almost certainly voided my warranty by driving it in the dirt. Hopefully, the dealership staff doesn't visit this forum. If it becomes an issue, I'll consider swapping the picture to one of my JKUS showing its suspension flex with one tire perched atop a concrete parking stop in the grocery store parking lot.

While I've never done the "new user post" thing in the past, this forum has to be one of the most informative and organized car-centric forums I've visited. So, this post is more "Thanks for the forum," than "Howdy, I'm new." Just the JK FAQ and "Know Your Coolants" threads alone are worth the price of admission. Reading further, I've changed my thinking a couple times based on some very informative threads. It's probably a good thing my list of mods so far consists of only a blue Maglite Mini and a WeatherTech cargo mat. Who knows what expensive mistakes a novice Jeeper might make without all this information at their fingertips? (There's a thread for that, too.)

From my reading so far, I estimate that I'm one of seven members of this forum who are not ASE-certified master technicians. If you ever see a build thread with my username attached, feel free to pass it over unless you're looking for a riveting account of installing a Spiderwebshade or roll bar grab handles. The kind with Velcro.

My introduction is thus complete. Merry Jeepin' to all, and to all a good night.

Sounds a lot like my build thread! LoL!

Welcome to WAL!

JeepJeep75

Another welcome from Redondo Beach! Now that you've ruined your warranty you can start in on all of the inevitable mods that "need" to be done. [emoji6]

Top Bottom